This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Exactly what might this piece be.

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Exactly what might this piece be.

Postby Dan Stuckey » Sun May 08, 2022 2:39 pm

So the last fall I changed over from a Farmall cub to a cub lowboy 154. So I’m far from highly educated on all the execs of this machine yet. So today while mowing I saw this piece laying on the ground and positive that it came off the 154. Would someone like to enlighten me where this piece might have come from? Nothing seem to stop working and the only problem I had was the main belt flying off but other than that it’s working OK. Thanks for your help
Attachments
E4597B8C-6B0B-47F4-8B62-A9132178C729.jpeg

Gabe184
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Exactly what might this piece be.

Postby Gabe184 » Sun May 08, 2022 2:42 pm

I'd check to see if all your motor mounts are in place or if anything on the deck snapped off.

Dan Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Exactly what might this piece be.

Postby Dan Stuckey » Sun May 08, 2022 3:55 pm

Well I found where my angle bracket belong. After putting the belt on I went to do some more mowing and felt a little more vibration than I felt should be there. So I thought I better check the spindles and pulleys. Well I discovered on the mower deck that the center pulley was loose. It has four bolts that hold it on and allows it to slide front to rear for adjustment on belt tension. All four bolts were loose in fact one bolt was missing. I could tell that this bracket was on the deck being held on by the bolt it was now missing. I don’t know if it might’ve been a belt guide at one time or not. There is a small piece of rod welded to the side of the bracket it looks like it had been broke off sometime ago. So anyhow I located the location of my peace. Thanks

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”