This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Coming apart!

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ol'Yeller
Zip Code: 49010

Coming apart!

Postby Ol'Yeller » Sat May 28, 2022 1:30 pm

Hello, I have had my '69 154 for about 4 years, and have done a lot of upgrades and tuning. FYI, its got single brake pedal, 3pt, 5ft mower deck, front snow plow. No creeper or hydro selector ( but I want both eventually).

I was mowing along and pressed the brake pedal, and the whole operation bound up! The brake pedal jumped, the rear end bucked! Tested a couple more times going very slow, kept happening. Shut her down and crawled under for a look. There are two large bolts on the front of the rear end that wiggled loose (blocked from falling out by the bracket that connects left and right brake rods. I attempted to retighten them but they were both stripped (or broken) :( Anyone encountered this issue? I guess I have to remove brake linkage, put some heli-coil theads in and check for other loose bolts on the rear end.
Also the pto won't disengage now, probably bound up from rear end out of alignment?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Ol'Yeller

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Richard Goetze
Zip Code: 62340

Re: Coming apart!

Postby Richard Goetze » Tue May 31, 2022 5:38 pm

I have one in my yard same problem maybe worse . Broken frame above finaldrive and missing bolts. The pto clutch plates can slip out of the drive drum

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”