This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Be aware when your plowing snow.

Have a safety tip you want to share? Did you or a friend learn it the hard way? Help someone else by posting your tips on tractor, farm, shop, lawn, garden, kitchen, etc., safety.
Forum rules
Safety is an important and often overlooked topic. Make safety a part of your everyday life and let others know how much you care by making their lives safer too. Let the next generation of tractor enthusiasts benefit from your experience, and maybe save a life or appendages.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Be aware when your plowing snow.

Postby BigBill » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 pm

My carpool buddy had a monster one ton pickup with 15” of lift with a plow. Were on the way home on the side streets it’s snowing inches per hour. All of a sudden jimmy drops the plow while we’re going. The snow comes up over the cab, roof of the truck. I jumped up and asked what are you doing. I didn’t see the dog run infront of the side of the plow. Luckily jimmy saved the dogs life. He rolled out from the plow in the snow. Even pups have nine lives. Watch out for the animals when plowing please. :worthy:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Re: Be aware when your plowing snow.

Postby mozer71 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Yes, the truck would have smushed the dog. The guy had great reflexes. What if it was a child wearing a dark hoodie coat ? I salute the plow guys for being so careful at times we never see.