This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3-point Backhoe

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

3-point Backhoe

Postby Eugene » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:01 pm

https://www.woodmaxx.com/WM_8600_WoodMa ... m-8600.htm

Order, received, today installed a Woodmaxx WM 8600, 3-point backhoe, with PTO driven self contained hydraulic pump. Cleaned out a small spring fed cattle watering point with the backhoe.

Price was $6450- with a couple of addons, ripper attachment, 12" bucket. Bucket was free, 12" our choice.

US made, was extremely well built, work perfectly with tractor at just above idle.

Down side, need to build a bracket to add a couple hundred pounds to the tractor's front end. Tractor's hydraulic pump developed a leak.

Have a number of small backhoe projects; low water crossing, tree stumps removal, big rocks in pasture, dig out along two houses to install exterior drainage, probable septic tank and leach field for son.

It was/is cheaper to purchase than to frequently rent a small excavator for numerous projects. Specially when son, primary operator, has a full time job.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: 3-point Backhoe

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:49 pm

What did you mount it on?
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:57 pm

backhoes have gotten cheap up here as everyone now wants an excavator, bought a 4x4 455 NH for $4000 running working

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:08 pm

Mounted on WD Allis Chalmers.

Read the minimum specifications for the backhoe and the WD, a lot of opinions, watched a bunch of Youtube before ordering. Tractor weight, PTO horse power, are above the minimum.

Other than lowering the drawbar height to accommodate the PTO driven hydraulic pump, everything mounted up without problems. The expected problem was the lack of weight on tractor front when going up an incline.

There is not enough room between the backhoe seat and tractor seat to place the backhoe seat in a comfortable position. We are going to have to make the tractor seat flippable so we can move the backhoe seat back.

The plan is trying the backhoe on the WD to see if it will work. If it doesn't prove satisfactory, we will purchase a bigger tractor. That will make wife happy, perhaps unhappy, since she calls farm machines and tools "toys". At the dentist today. Dental assistant ask what I was up to. Told her about the backhoe. She said, "you have a new toy". Woman's perspective.
I have an excuse. CRS.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:14 am

I think you just pointed out a new 'favorite' website. This site looks like the DR Trimmer site for real tractors.
Their products are right up my alley!
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:57 pm

outdoors4evr wrote:I think you just pointed out a new 'favorite' website. This site looks like the DR Trimmer site for real tractors.
Their products are right up my alley!
We ordered the backhoe on a Monday. Following Monday the shipping company asked if they could deliver it the next day.

We were expecting the backhoe to be delivered in around a month time frame.

Communications with and service from this company has been great.
I have an excuse. CRS.