Revolutionary 3D Printers

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35111
Circle of Safety: Y

Revolutionary 3D Printers

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:26 pm

This is really cool looking and just wanted to share.

I was actually in the UPS Store yesterday shipping a Farmall C radiator, and noticed that they had a 3D Printer (of much larger scale and higher quality). The clerk said they just had gotten it in last week and they've been building different objects with it to display. I got to see a mock up V6 Engine Block, small ball bearings (that were made in "1 run" and they functioned), an 8" crescent style adjustable wrench (that was made in 1 run and functioned), and other random stuff they made. "1 run" meaning the complete functioning part was made at one time and didn't have to be put together. They said they have a solution you soak the peice in to "clean it up" once it is finished making.

One of the coolest things I've seen in a long time!

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-3D20-01-Idea-Builder-Printer/dp/B00NA00MWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411154710&sr=8-1&keywords=Dremel%203D20-01&tag=viglink20245-20

http://www.garagejournal.com/
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Revolutionary 3D Printers

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:49 pm

The glitch is that you either need to be very proficient with the design software or have a scanner that will convert the scan to what the printer needs to print the piece. Larger pieces are usually not solid, but have a web matrix (like a 10% infill) that speeds up the printing.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”