Brand New Drill Press

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Zorro
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01821
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
1968 Case 155
Scotts 1542
Cordwood Saw
CC 125
CC 102
CC 129/1200
Circle of Safety: Y

Brand New Drill Press

Postby Zorro » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 am

DP220.jpg
I decided that I need a floor type drill press, so being a Craigslist hound, I came up with the one in the picture. (please pardon the mess) :oops: If you look closely at the picture, you can see that there is a home-made cover over the belt. Well, when I got it home that cover was the first thing to go because it looked bad, and is not really needed. When I removed it, I was disappointed to see that the step pulley was replaced by a small, single pulley. This would fine if all I want to do is drill at 700 or so rpms, but there's no future in that. Also, the motor had been changed and the replacement did not have a long enough shaft to work with a step pulley. I found another Craiger who had a bunch of motors and pulleys. He had the motor I needed for $75.00, and the pulley would be another $25.00. I had brought my old motor with me, and I swapped it for the pulley. I got home, and installed everything, and it was then that it dawned on me that the step pulley that I had so shrewdly traded was the wrong diameter. :censored: I called the guy that I got it from, and he is going to check to see if he has the right one. What the heck, it's only another one-hour road trip. Like they say; "Sometimes the bear eats YOU!"
Hold her Knute, she's headin' for the buckwheat!

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Brand New Drill Press

Postby ricky racer » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:35 am

I think I have the same drill press with a different base. It's a good old drill press...
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub