This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Air blow gun

Tools and Reviews to help your fellow Cubber's.
Forum rules
Unwarranted FLAME reviews will be deleted without notice. Members are encouraged to exhaust all arbitration efforts with the companies before posting negative reviews here.

FarmallCub.Com and the moderators are not responsible for member reviews of businesses and attractions.

Send issues regarding reviews to Cub@farmallcub.com.
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Air blow gun

Postby Bus Driver » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:36 pm

The two-stage compressor in the shop pumps up to 175 PSI at shutoff. The plastic body Harbor Freight blow gun specifies 90PSI maximum. They are not kidding. Sometimes I do want the full pressure plus walking back to the regulator often is not that much fun nor easy anymore.
Recently the molded-in brass fitting on the HF gun blew out. The fitting stayed with the hose. No injury nor property damage but a bit of surprise involved.
Looking on eBay for a suitable gun may be futile. The metal ones, probably cast "white metal", indicate 1.0Mpa maximum working pressure. That is 150 PSI. Not sure what safety factor is built in, if any.
Luck favors those who are prepared

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Air blow gun

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:05 pm

might check Northern Tool, while their products are a little higher, they are also a little better.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Do go to Northern a few times a year but their location is not very convenient for me. The Ironton brand appears to be their house brand. I have tried just a few items of that brand and they were absolute junk. Would not accept another of the items I bought if they were offered as gifts.
So it is possible that I will miss out on some good stuff of the same brand because I do not buy anything with that brand on it.

schmibm
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby schmibm » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:48 pm

I like to pick up the old metal body blow guns at flea markets/garage sales. These are the ones that were produced before the low flow/psi output safety mandate. The last one I bought was an all stainless steel body. I put a new QD fitting on it and it worked perfect. Blows like nobody's business at 175 psi.
1949 Project Cub
1955 Cub Lo-Boy "Jack"
1957 Cub Lo-Boy "Mac"
1957 Cub with 5' Woods Belly Mower "James"
24 other Farmalls A thru SMTA.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:58 am

Is there a reason you need that much pressure before it shuts off. Adjustment should be possible. Mine quits at 125 psi and I haven't needed more air flow. Just wondering.
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:12 pm

So I bought one online that looks like this one-- but from another seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-Silver-Comp ... SwECZUrDF-

Selected this one for the photo. The air connection probably is a quick-coupler but not like any I have seen previously. And that fitting is epoxied in place at the supplier on mine. So they did not plan for change to be made.
Anyone seen a quick coupler of this configuration?
I contacted the seller from whom I bought and his English is only slightly better than my (non-existent) Chinese. No help.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Hopefully you could just unscrew that fitting and screw in one that matches your hose.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby indy61 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:17 am

Untitled.jpg
Probably NITTO-Japanese type quick connector. You may be better off buying a different gun.

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:01 pm

That looks like it. The mating component is perhaps SM-20 based on one site I found.

Return to “Tool Talk and Reviews”