This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Adding photo?

How do I.... ?
Tractor Rod
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 67357

Adding photo?

Postby Tractor Rod » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:59 pm

May I please ask how do you add a photo to a post? I tried using the attachments and it always says file too large?

Thanks.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Adding photo?

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 pm

You need to resize the photo so it will fit. I usually email the photo to myself . If this is done via smart phone you will be asked to resize before sending.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower

Postby Dale Finch » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:07 am

I have had good luck on my Samsung phone using the PHOTO & PICTURE RESIZER free App. On my laptop, it has a built in resizer. I pick the smallest size for both.
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:41 pm

I use paint to do mine 640 X 480 works best

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:48 am

Tractor Rod wrote:May I please ask how do you add a photo to a post? I tried using the attachments and it always says file too large?

Thanks.

It's best to have the pictures you want to upload already reduced in size before trying to post them. They need to be no bigger than 500kb. There are photo resizing apps available; I use "Image Size" which works well. On a desktop computer, I'll use Paint. Click on the Resize button, switch to Pixels and set the Horizontal value to 1000. Save image either to replace your original or under a different name to save both. Can also select multiple photos, as Barnyard does, right click to attach them to an email to send, then when the pop-up screen asks how big, choose medium. Then copy and paste those newly sized pics back into your directory.

I'll describe the process using an iPhone, but it should (hopefully) be similar on an iPad or other phone:

1. Open the page on the Forum where you will create the post.
  2. Write whatever description or text in the main "Topic Review" box.
  3. Next, go down below the text box and you'll see two tabs: "Options" and "Attachments"; select "Attachments".
  4. Click on the "Add Files" button and an iPhone menu (at least on my phone) comes up from the bottom of the screen with 3 options:
    1. "Take Photo or Video"
    2. "Photo Library"
    3. "Browse"
  5. Select, say, "Photo Library", since you should have already resized the image and it's on your iPad. Your iPad should direct you to your photo library where you can search and select the resized picture you want. Select one.
  6. Once the forum size requirements are met for that photo, an extended box will show up below the "Add Files" button. It will list your photo's file name, 2 buttons ("Place inline" and "Delete file"), and a "File comment:" box. If you type a brief description in the "File comment" box, it will show up in your post directly underneath your photo in italicized font. If you want a description or caption associated with the picture, then use this feature, otherwise, you can describe the photo in the main body of your post. If I recall, you may attach up to 6 photos in this manner, one at a time.
  7. Once you have attached all the photos, you have a choice to either place them in-line (intermittent among your text in the post) or just leave all the photos to come up at the end of your text. If you have multiple pictures to post, they will be lodged below the main screen in reverse order. For example, if you have 3 pictures and want them to show up in the order you uploaded them, the first pic will be at the very bottom of the list. So, you'd just select that one first ("Place inline" button), then the next one up and so on. Remember, if you choose to leave them at the bottom and not place them in-line, they will appear in reverse order of how they were uploaded.

Dennis has explained the process here: How to Upload Pictures to a Post

Hope this helps. Let us know if you want further explanation.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”