This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

rotating pictures

How do I.... ?
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

rotating pictures

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu May 16, 2019 9:13 am

Hello. My temp delema is this, Sometimes when I take a pic with my Galaxy note 3 I need to rotate the phone 90 degrees to fit the image in screen. Then I need to send that pic to my email. When I open the email, it shows the pic correctly. Then I download it to my folder. Then I open Paint and open the image, have to rotate 180 to view correctly, then I resize it for the forum requirements, then I replace/save it to my folder again. It shows the image upside down in my folder too. When I attach it to a post on the forum, it's upside down but if you click the pic to enlarge, it turns 180 to view correctly. What the heck is going on. I tried to downsize the pixels on my phone but seems it's on the lowest setting which is way too much for the forum.
Thanks in advance, Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: rotating pictures

Postby Jim Becker » Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 am

All this nonsense of pictures turning themselves sideways or up side down seems to have started when smart phones started thinking they were smart enough to figure out which way is up. I don't know if this will help but when you get to this step,
Rick Prentice wrote:. . . Then I open Paint and open the image, have to rotate 180 to view correctly, then I resize it for the forum requirements, then I replace/save it to my folder again. . . .

Try doing your "save" from paint as "save as" to another name. Maybe as a new file all the old information of which way was up will get stripped off and it will quit flipping itself around.

Let us know if this works or not. Lots of people seem to have the same problem.

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu May 16, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks Jim. Actually when I click "Save As" it says "File already exists, do you want to replace it" That's when I hit Yes and re-save it. Sorry for not explaining exact on my moves. I noticed it has Save and Save As. Save goes into a new file, Save As ask if you want to replace or keep the original.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu May 16, 2019 10:43 am

Experimenting, I think I need to maybe start holding my phone 180 and see if that works. I noticed if I flip things in paint, it does the opposite with what I want when I download to the forum. Just now I tried and left it upside down when I downloaded to the forum attachment. It was correct when it showed pic but when I clicked to enlarge, it then went upside down with bigger pic.
Also I just discovered if I resize in Paint down to 500x2?? it downloads with someting like 67kb. If I leave it alone from paint it downloads at 600+kb.

ajhbike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020
1949 JD B
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby ajhbike » Thu May 16, 2019 10:57 am

I know on the computer you can right click, properties and unselect the read only

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri May 17, 2019 9:31 am

OK. Once again I partially stuck my foot in my mouth. I see Dennis must have made some major changes from back when pic sizes were too big. I CAN download from my Galaxy directly to the cub site.
I tried some experimenting with the pictures. If I disabled the rotate feature on my phone and took 4 pictures of the same object, pic with the phone regular, phone upside down, phone laying sideways with button on left, laying sideways with button on right. When I open my picture folder on my phone all pics are positioned correctly(all normal). When I send the pics to my email, each pic still is correctly positioned(normal). When I download those pics to my download folder to store on my home computer, the pics get weird. These next four pics are from my download folder to this post, they are in the same position as they were in the download folder, no changes. I didn't even open PAINT this time.
55 pic1butdown.jpg

25 pic2 cambuttop.jpg

52 3cambutlt.jpg

51 4cambutrt.jpg

My next test will be from my phone straight to the cub attacement. Right now it appears if I disable my rotate feature and lay the phone sideways with buttons to the right, it'll send correctly straight to the post. We'll see, maybe later tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks, Rick

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 am

I fixed some pics this morning for Bill Hudson in a thread; located here: http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104179

First, I tried to just copy them over to my computer, open in Image Viewer, rotate and save. I used another name, re-attached the image to his post and did a Preview; no change. Pic was still upside down.
Next, I renamed his pic on my computer, opened it up in Paint, resized it to 1200 pixels (horizontally) and rotated 180 degrees. Saved it and re-attached pic to post. Worked. Replaced all his pics in his post that way.

I only resized his images because when I tried testing the rotated pic, it was actually a larger file size than the upside down original. Too big to attach.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Fri May 17, 2019 10:22 am

Here's what the pics look like straight from my phone album, not going through my home computer at all. These will be in order 1234. Remember, they're correctly positioned in the phone album. Here goes.
20190517_091555.jpg

20190517_091625.jpg

20190517_090852.jpg

20190517_090951.jpg

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”