This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Security risk

How do I.... ?
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Security risk

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:11 pm

When I open FArmalcub.com there is a large are at the upper part of the screen that says open PDF files. when I clicked it out of curiosity I got a warning that sie was a security risk tha allowed hackers to gain access to my computer
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stoffregen Motorsports
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 95614

Re: Security risk

Postby Stoffregen Motorsports » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:31 am

Yeah, the ads on this site are annoying, but it's one way to keep a free forum alive and running. As a rule, I never click on any ads on any forum.

My wife walked in the other morning while I was browsing farmallcub.com, and the underwear ads at the top of the screen caught her attention. Out of embarrassment, I scrolled down the page to hide the ads. Though I really had nothing to hide, it was still awkward.

indy61
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby indy61 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:05 pm

I had a similar problem with my browser saying this site is not secure. Turns out my bookmark was an old http: instead of https:
I changed it and the warning is gone. I think Dennis needs to add an s to the pdf link.
Attachments
notsecure.jpg

radioguy41
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 18235
Tractors Owned: -
1957 Red IH Lo-Boy
1980 Red IH Cub Cadet 782
1993 Craftsman LT4000

Postby radioguy41 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:26 pm

indy61 wrote:I had a similar problem with my browser saying this site is not secure. Turns out my bookmark was an old http: instead of https:
I changed it and the warning is gone. I think Dennis needs to add an s to the pdf link.

There are dozens of links throughout the forum that need to be updated. Some are HTTPS, some are HTTP, and some are simply www. I even found one that was only farmallcub<dot>com, no prefix at all. They all need fixing. My secure browser kicks me off the site at least 2-3 times a day if I click on one of those links which forces me to have to sign back in, again and again.
Circle of Safety Image ImageImage
KB3WBB

buddylindsey
Zip Code: 74864

Postby buddylindsey » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:59 pm

Stoffregen Motorsports wrote:the underwear ads at the top of the screen caught

This makes so much sense now. I sent my father-in-law a link to the site with some information. He said in his phone all he saw was underwear ads. I was super confused as my wife and I were looking at my phone and no ads. However I use brave browser and it had built in ad block.

Stoffregen Motorsports
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 95614

Postby Stoffregen Motorsports » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:04 am

buddylindsey wrote:
Stoffregen Motorsports wrote:the underwear ads at the top of the screen caught

This makes so much sense now. I sent my father-in-law a link to the site with some information. He said in his phone all he saw was underwear ads. I was super confused as my wife and I were looking at my phone and no ads. However I use brave browser and it had built in ad block.

Maybe I'll switch browsers.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:23 pm

I've used AdGuard successfully.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”