This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

glitch?

How do I.... ?
coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .
Circle of Safety: Y

glitch?

Postby coppersmythe » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:30 am

this is probably not the right place , but i was hoping someone could solve this . when i go to log in , it says the site is not secure , and at the bar across the top where the www is , there is a picture of a lock with a red circle/slash . coppersmythe..................................

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: glitch?

Postby tmays » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Out of my league, but surely Dennis will be along with solution before too long
Thomas

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Are you using WIFI? I am in a rural area, with no one else close enough to use my WIFI, so I do not have it passworded. I get that message every now and then.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:27 am

Without getting to technical, the message your browser is displaying is in regards to SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). I have not implemented SSL for FarmallCub.com since we do not sell or collect sensitive member information, like a bank, online retail business and many social networks. Basically, SSL encrypts your connection so people snooping on the internet (including your ISP :shock: can't read your communications.)

Google and Firefox are pushing for all sites to migrate to SSL connections and I will most likely be "pushed" into implementing it, someday.

If anyone has any major concerns, please let me know.

Thanks for asking!
Dennis
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:26 pm

Dennis wrote:.........

Thanks for asking!
Dennis
My only concern is that something may happen someday that this site were not available anymore. That would really ruin my day. :x
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:11 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
Dennis wrote:.........

Thanks for asking!
Dennis
My only concern is that something may happen someday that this site were not available anymore. That would really ruin my day. :x

I plan on this site being around for a long time... at least until AOL, I mean Facebook, takes complete control of the internet ;)

Keep supporting the site, sponsors and tell your friends to join us too.

20 Years in 2019 :!:
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”