This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spot Light On - CubPro Trent McPeak (Trent M)

Member Spotlight Forum
Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Spot Light On - CubPro Trent McPeak (Trent M)

Postby Dennis » Thu May 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Name? Trent McPeak
Age? 37
State/Province of residence? Illinois
Do you have any pets? 1 dog
-- Names, breeds, etc. Diego, a good-ol’ Heinz57
Line of work? Engineer/Land Surveyor
Retired or working? Working
Degree's/Licenses/Certificates? BS, MS, PE (Professional Engineer), soon-to-be PLS (Professional Land Surveyor)

TRACTOR RELATED QUESTIONS

Tractors and models owned? 1949 Cub, 1955 LoBoy, 1964 LoBoy, 1974 Cub, 1979 Cub, 1943 Farmall H, 1968 Minnie-Mo M670 Super
-- Any other type of farm equipment? Lots of Cub implements
Are your tractors used for show or working? They are ALL workers!
How much Land do you work (Acres)? ½-acre garden, ~2.5 acres in food plots on 40 acre tract, mow ~3 acres weekly
What was your first tractor experience (does not have to be a Farmall or Cub)? My first tractor memory is riding with Dad on Grandpa’s old Minnie Mo (not the one I have now).

What is your Cub's primary work? 1949 – Plowing, Cultivating, Disking, Blading. 1974w/FH – Plowing, Disking, Carrying, etc. 1979w/Woods59 – The primary mower. 1955 LoBoy – Currently wears a Woods42 and has been brush hogging! Have a FH to put on it. 1964 LoBoy – Kiddie rides. Still trying to decide which will wear the speed reducer!

What is the favorite Cub of all which you have owned and why? My favorite is the 1949 Cub. It belonged to my Great Aunt and Uncle. They bought it used from a dealer in 1952, it had been traded for a Super M, so the story goes. They took really good care of it and had a couple nice implements as well. This is the one that started it all.

What first sparked your interest in owning a Cub? My Dad and I always did work around the farm for my Aunt and Uncle, they never had kids. My Uncle passed away several years ago. We were at her farm doing some odd jobs for her and she mentioned that she “ought to sell the Cub to us.” It hadn’t been started in several years. We declined, I didn’t think a Cub was big enough to do any work. (Boy was I wrong!!) I thought about it for a couple days and decided I’d ask her what she wanted for it. She said to just go pick it up and take it. We did. Had it running with the aid of only gas and a battery charger!

What task/use of your Cub provides the most enjoyable seat time? Plowing, mowing, disking, cultivating, probably in that order.

Favorite thing you like about Cub's and Cadets? This website, for sure. Everything I know about tractors and working on/with them comes pretty much directly from this website. I have learned so much. Without the forum, the enjoyment of what has become my main hobby (what I do with all my free time) would not come close to where it is now.

Describe your most satisfying or frustrating experience working on your own or someone else's Cub? Actually, working on tractors has helped me slow down and exercise patience. The first time I did a complete tune-up/cleanup and got the ’79 running was very satisfying. Also, rebuilding the TC on the ’49 and seeing it work again (with no leaks!) was pretty cool.

Do you host or participate in CubFests, Cubarama, Mini-CubFests? How so? I have been to a few, DocFest, the Tug, and Central Indiana. They are hard to beat for a great time.

OTHER ENJOYABLE ACTIVITIES

What other hobbies do you enjoy? Gardening, hunting.
Do you hunt or fish? Hunt deer.
What is your favorite Sport? Baseball
-- Do you have a favorite Sports team? St. Louis Cardinals
Favorite Movie? The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
Favorite outdoor activity? Working on tractors.
Do you maintain a garden? Yes
-- How large? ½-acre
-- What vegetables to you grow? Cucumbers, watermelon, cantaloupe, sweet corn, tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, okra, leaf lettuce, green onions, radishes.
Do you maintain a personal orchard? Maintain? Well, no, but have some old trees.
-- Type of fruit grown? Apples, peaches, persimmons.
What is your favorite Quote or saying? “When you stop worrying about it and just do it, you’ll find that it comes easy.” -beaconlight
Do you have any immediate goals in your life? A few. Would really like to build a house on my acreage.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Spot Light On - CubPro Trent McPeak (Trent M)

Postby Barnyard » Thu May 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Thanks for the additional info and the great effort you have put into the database. It's nice to know more about the members.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Thu May 21, 2009 7:21 pm

Trent thanks for being the keeper of the info. Great job.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Thu May 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Trent,

Thanks for sharing.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu May 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Trent:

Nice bio, enjoyed reading it. It is kind of neat how family seems to be one of the more common denominators in what induces us to become Cub Nutz :big smile:

I too would like to express my thanks to the compiler of the Data :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Fri May 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Trent, I enjoyed reading your bio. Very interesting. Keep up the good work. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri May 22, 2009 10:35 pm

Cool! If you ever feel like practicing surveying some hilly terrain, come on out east.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Sat May 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Thanks for the biography. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Thu May 28, 2009 9:35 am

Trent ya having fun yet!!! Kevin :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Member Spotlight”