This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spotlight on Jason (Aftermac) McCormack

Member Spotlight Forum
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Spotlight on Jason (Aftermac) McCormack

Postby Cecil » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:58 am

My Cub

Me and my grampa on his JD 60

PERSONAL INFORMATION
--------------------
Name? Jason McCormack
Age? 30
State/Province of residence? Michigan
Marital Status? Married
-- How many years (if married)? 2.5 (married on St. Patrick’s day 2007), but we’ve been together for 11!
-- Wife's name (if married)? Mary
Children? None yet…
-- Boys/Girls?
-- Ages?
Grand Children?
-- Boys/Girls?
-- Ages?
Great Grand Children?
-- Boys/Girls?
-- Ages?
Do you have any pets? Reese (he’s chocolate and peanut butter colored), Guinea Pig; Cadbury, Lop-eared rabbit; Turbo, red-eared slider (water turtle), and several nameless Koi fish.
-- Names, breeds, etc.
Line of work? Information Technology
Retired or working? Working
Degree's/Licenses/Certificates? Nope… self-taught

TRACTOR RELATED QUESTIONS
-------------------------
Tractors and models owned? 1950 Farmall Cub. My wife owns a Bolens Husky Ridemaster… we’re not sure of the age, but we guess it’s between 1947-1950.
-- Any other type of farm equipment? No
-- Combines?
-- Trailers?
-- Hay balers?
-- etc...
Are your tractors used for show or working? Someday, hopefully both, but right now they are taking up space in the garage while they’re not running.
How much Land do you work (Acres)? 0.17… On a small lot in a small sub-division, I’d like to expand sometime in the not-too-distant future!
What was your first tractor experience (does not have to be a Farmall or Cub)? I’ve always been around tractors… The picture of me and my grandpa on his John Deere 60 is one of my favorites. (picture attached) Besides the Cub, my grandpa has a JD 60 & M, and a Ford 8n with a large road-grader attachment… I’ve never seen another tractor like the road-grader!
What is your Cub's primary work? My grandpa used it for plowing a field in the 1970s, but right now it’s not doing much work.

What is the favorite Cub of all which you have owned and why? I’ve only owned one.
What first sparked your interest in owning a Cub? As much as my grandpa used his JD tractors, I was always interested in the little red one in the corner of his barn that he never used. By the time I was born he was no longer plowing his field with it. For as long as I can remember I’ve asked him if I could have it. When I finally got a house of my own he said I could have it.
What task/use of your Cub provides the most enjoyable seat time? Any time I can spend on the Cub is enjoyable… so far I’ve just driven it around my neighborhood.

Favorite thing you like about Cub's and Cadets? The size… not too big… not too small.
Describe your most satisfying or frustrating experience working on your own or someone else's Cub? The most satisfying was hearing it start for the first time in 20+ years after several weekends of work. The most frustrating… probably trying to remove the bolts in the seat bracket. I broke two ratchets and a socket, and it took four days!
Do you host or participate in CubFests, Cubarama, Mini-CubFests? How so? Not yet. I hope to attend the Cub Tug next year. (2010)

OTHER ENJOYABLE ACTIVITIES
--------------------------
What other hobbies do you enjoy? Video game and computer collecting… specifically, but not exclusively Atari and Apple. I have around 200 Atari 2600 and 7800 games, and about 70 personal computers dating back to 1981. I also enjoy woodworking. This summer I built an Arcade cabinet with nearly 7000 games. I’ve done quite a bit of remodeling around the house, I enjoy doing the woodwork and other work myself… and by “enjoy” I mean cursing at the project until it’s finished!
Do you hunt or fish? I enjoy bass fishing, but don’t get to do it much any more.
-- What is your favorite game?
What is your favorite Sport? Baseball, Hockey, and Football
-- Do you have a favorite Sports team? Detroit Tigers, Red Wings, Lions, and Michigan Wolverines
Favorite Book?
Favorite Movie? Friday the 13th movies (except part 9… I refuse to see it), Dodgeball, Office Space, Monty Python’s Holy Grail, O’ Brother Where Art Thou?
Favorite Actor/Actress? John Cleese, Stephen Root
Magazine(s) you subscribe to? None
Favorite outdoor activity? Playing sports, fishing, riding my bike, driving the Cub. We attend the Buckley Old Engine Show every year and camp in our tent.
Do you maintain a garden? Yes, but to call it a garden on here is a bit of an overstatement… It’s only about a dozen plants… peppers, tomatoes, peppermint, spearmint, lettuce, beans, chives, and zucchini.
-- How large?
-- What vegetables to you grow?
Do you maintain a personal orchard? No
-- Type of fruit grown?
What is your favorite Quote or saying? The early worm gets eaten.
Do you have any immediate goals in your life? Starting a new job and hoping that goes well. Also, I want to have the Cub back together and running by the end of summer (2009).

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Re: Spotlight on Jason (Aftermac) McCormack

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Jason,

Great to get to know all this stuff about you. I enjoyed your bio very much.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

cubguy's dad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49265
Tractors Owned: 1938 John Deere A
(owned 38 years)
1953 Cub
(owned 21 Years)
1963 Olds Cutlass
1970 Ford F-350
(Cub Hauler)

Postby cubguy's dad » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:00 pm

Jason,

Thanks for sharing,it is nice to see the Michigan members come out.

Mark
Experiance is knowing what NOT to do the next time.......
1937 John Deere A (Big John)
1953 Farmall Cub (LiL Red)
Lots of projects.

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Good read there Jason and 70 PC's WOW :shock: :big afro: :D ,,,,,,,, I must be getting old cuse your pic is dated May 80 don't seem possible thats almost 30 years ago :o ........

Cecil the Spot Light is an interesting idea very cool :big afro: :big afro:

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:37 am

Jason,
Thanks for the profile. Quite the range of interests.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

Postby dakcub » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:31 pm

nice reading your bio....I work with a guy that builds game consoles..he says his has like 10,000 games...I think your both nuts...I too am a drive it around the neighborhood kind of guy.
Robert (getting to know more people) Miller

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks Jason! I enjoyed the read and especially liked the pics! :D
Trent McPeak

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks for sharing!
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:22 pm

I just got back from the Buckley Old Engine Show where I've been since Wednesday morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see my spotlight posted and all these great comments! :D :{_}:

Jackman wrote:Good read there Jason and 70 PC's WOW :shock: :big afro: :D ,,,,,,,, I must be getting old cuse your pic is dated May 80 don't seem possible thats almost 30 years ago :o ........

Cecil the Spot Light is an interesting idea very cool :big afro: :big afro:

Most of the computers are in a room in the basement where my wife doesn't have to go unless she really wants to... they're kinda out-of-sight-out-of-mind and that suits both of us just fine! :lol:

Doesn't seem like 30 years for me either... though technically I won't be 30 until August 23rd (wasn't sure how quickly this would be posted, so I figured it was close enough!) :mrgreen:

Peter Person wrote:Jason,
Thanks for the profile. Quite the range of interests.
Peter

dakcub wrote:nice reading your bio....I work with a guy that builds game consoles..he says his has like 10,000 games...I think your both nuts...I too am a drive it around the neighborhood kind of guy.
Robert (getting to know more people) Miller

I try to keep myself busy with lots of different things... makes life interesting... could just be adult A.D.D.! :lol:

Glad to hear I'm not the only "drive it around the neighborhood kind of guy"! Usually turns into a one man parade with everyone stopping to wave as I go past! :mrgreen:

Trent M wrote:Thanks Jason! I enjoyed the read and especially liked the pics! :D

Thanks Trent! Glad you liked the pics... like I said in the bio, the one with my grandpa is really special to me!

While I was at the Buckley show I "borrowed" the SN's from 17 Cubs. I didn't get any other info, but thought it would be worth knowing that they still exist. I'll pass them along to you in a PM in the next several days.
Jason

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:32 am

Nice to see a Michigan fan! I am from your neighborhood originally. My nephew and his wife are out visiting and he had his State tee on when we were walking on the Cliff Walk and it's a great conversation starter (not as good as a Cub). His twin brother went to Michigan.

Thanks for the profile!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:37 am

Nice to know you ya.!

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 am

Jason,
Great bio. Computers :? both my sons do that IT stuff :D I never can get them to work on my computer??? Why is that? (kidding) I have a old Apple IIc with monitor and 2- 5 1/2" floppy drives and all the manuals a Atri console with a couple games and a TI99 (I think I still have the 99) anyway I'll make you a deal....come on down to Stonethrow in October and you can take them home with you :{_}:
Really enjoyed reading all about you.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Great bio, Jason, and great pictures. Thanks. :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Jason:

Another interesting bio :!: Good to see you come by your Cub addiction honestly -- time honoured way, via family It is great to be able to have a connection such as the one you have with your Grandpa and his Cub. Hmmm the Bolens.. (send me a pm with info on it. I have access to a whole whack of info on the Bolens/FMC Bolens line and the different models.. plus a chum who has about 20 of em and has a lot of experience with them).,

Woodworking and computers -- we share a few common interests. I have a few old puters as well.. been collecting them since 1992.. Atari, Apple, Commodore, IBM 8086/8088 and since.. Em says I have way too many.. a basement full. But they are fun. I really enjoy building arcade cabinets for some of the older arcade game consoles.. stand up and desktop varieties.

Enjoy your hobbies.. :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Member Spotlight”