This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spotllight on Daniel (booner) Matthews

Member Spotlight Forum
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Spotllight on Daniel (booner) Matthews

Postby Cecil » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:01 am

Name? Daniel (booner) Matthews
Age? 62
State/Province of residence? Niagera, N.Y.
Marital Status? No but have a girlfriend
Children?
-- Boys/Girls? One of each it works better that way
-- Ages? 25 and 40
Do you have any pets? 2 cats and a girlfriend
-- Names, breeds, etc. smoke and little girl
Line of work? Marine sniper retired
Retired or working? Retired and enjoying my life now
Degree's/Licenses/Certificates? Police science

TRACTOR RELATED QUESTIONS
-------------------------
Tractors and models owned? Int 184 lowboy,
-- Any other type of farm equipment? Front loader, Plow,Disc, cultivator, middle buster,
Are your tractors used for show or working? I farm with it,and remove snow, and go to a show when ever I get time
How much Land do you work (Acres)? about 2 acres of garden, and 1 acre of lawn to mow, with a 300ft driveway to mantain
What was your first tractor experience (does not have to be a Farmall or Cub)? Farmall H and farmall A
What is your Cub's primary work? Gardening, farming, mowing, snow removal, mowing
What is the favorite Cub of all which you have owned and why? It is the 184, the 185 was nice but the hydraulic transmission would get hot when worked hard
What first sparked your interest in owning a Cub? Had them most my life, there so handy and easy to work on
What task/use of your Cub provides the most enjoyable seat time? Plowing and cultivating, and front loader
Favorite thing you like about Cub's and Cadets? Light weight, strong, and last almost forever, its light enough to pull down the road, strong enough to farm with, and thanks to Hamilton bobs you can get about any part you ever need, I guess that’s called (KISS) = keep it simple supid, and that fits me well, there are other places you can get some parts also, like NAPA,etc.
Describe your most satisfying or frustrating experience working on your own or someone else's Cub? People not doing the maintainance, and not taking care of it, its like a pet, they need attention sometimes to keep doing what you want them too
Do you host or participate in CubFests, Cubarama, Mini-CubFests? How so? I go to alexander gas and steam show in N.Y.

OTHER ENJOYABLE ACTIVITIES
--------------------------
What other hobbies do you enjoy? Growing most my own food, and my Harley Davison, fabrication.
Do you hunt or fish? I do hunt woodchucks, a lot, but hunt deer and turkey every year
-- What is your favorite game? Horse shoes, pool tables,
What is your favorite Sport? Don’t follow it much, they don’t pay, you have to pay them,and they make more than I do
Favorite outdoor activity? Tractors and motorcycles,
Do you maintain a garden?
-- How large? 200ft X 300ft
-- What vegetables to you grow? Corn, beets, carrots, squash, potatoes, garlic, tomatoes, onions, punkins, peas
Do you maintain a personal orchard?
-- Type of fruit grown? Apples ( 3 trees) and pears
What is your favorite Quote or saying? People are the way they are because they want to be, otherwise they would change
Do you have any immediate goals in your life? Served 23 years as a sniper in military, and now enjoying my goal in a simple life, try to be stress free, and watch the garden grow, I now enjoy the simple thing better now that I am older

Return to “Member Spotlight”