This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Finished East End of Hog Barn

Got a project that you are working on that is not a tractor? Maybe a barn to hold your tractors or just fun stuff like woodworking, glass, tools, sheds, gardens, custom implements, etc., this is the place to talk about it.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Finished East End of Hog Barn

Postby Eugene » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:16 pm

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F4008F3
Moved the king studs out about 10 inches towards each side. Raised the door opening by 2 inches.
The white hinged folding doors in the center are 10" wide. Hinged doors were the only way we could get the width of the opening without purchasing a 16' long track and removing a portion of the roof on each end of the track.

Today, finished with the sheet metal over the large doors on the east end of the old hog barn. Only have the small door on the right side of the photo to finish.

About $150- in materials for the doors, side rails and hinges. Sheet metal and lumber was on hand, left overs from previous project.

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F3E45A7

Today, graded off the side where the tire is located to drain the water away from the building.

Month previous we repaired the roof, floor, and windows, in/on a granery. Granery, 10' x 16' is used for small item storage.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"

Re: Finished East End of Hog Barn

Postby staninlowerAL » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:14 am

Congrats on the project. Never enough storage room.
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Mht
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27606
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub(building from parts) 1950 farmall cub
1971 David Brown 880 selectamatic

Postby Mht » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:34 am

Looks good but it would look better if it was at my place. It’s always nice to be able to use stuff you already have to keep costs down and great job thinking outside the box in the doors

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Door construction was a lengthy discussion topic between my son and I. I lost. I wanted the fold to be in the center of each door, which would have given us the potential of a 4 foot wider opening.

Today, measured a door, in excellent condition, identical to the walk in door. May have to move or adjust the hinges. Also dug out enough siding to clad the door.

The cladding for the walk in door and center fold out doors came from a neighbor who was going to haul it to the dump.

When cooler, will have to walk on the room to remove and replace loose roofing nails.

Earlier photos on cleaning out, clearing out the hog barn are not available. Expired connection.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Projects Forum”