Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
User avatar
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 24212
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:39 pm
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, New Haven (Hamilton County)

Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Barnyard » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:11 pm

I sure hope so because the truck and trailer are loaded and we plan to stop in Pocahontas, Illinois, Lawrence, Kansas and Colby, Kansas for fuel and Oakley, Kansas for a short nap. I have all the security detail at the barnyard ready to go into action.

Melissa is always ready to see who she can put in her sites. (Yes, Bandit could balance a concrete block on her head.)
Image

The crack security team is eager to put a bite in crime. There is no joke in that comment. We have had a little blood shed in the barnyard because some idiot didn't believe me when I said not to enter the yard.
bashsecurity1.jpg


And of course my buddies with the sheriffs department like to use my driveway to catch speeders.
bashsecurity2.jpg
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rodney51Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:06 pm
Zip Code: 62995
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1950 John Deere A
1950 Case VAI
1949 Farmall Cub
1943 Farmall H
1940 Farmall H
1953 Farmall Super M
1962 Massey Ferguson 65
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Rodney51Cub » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:09 pm

Do not know about any cubfests but it would be a good idea to stop for fuel before coming into Illinois or after leaving, our governor is proud of his fuel taxes.
USAF 1976 - 1996

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 11793
Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 8:02 pm
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: CO, Longmont

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:13 pm

Rodney, the Rocky Mtn. Cubfest is this weekend and Bill and Rosie are definitely headed this way in a day or two.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

User avatar
T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Posts: 2001
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 9:25 am
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Bonne Terre, Mo

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby T-Mo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:07 am

Rodney51Cub wrote:Do not know about any cubfests but it would be a good idea to stop for fuel before coming into Illinois or after leaving, our governor is proud of his fuel taxes.


Yes, I can vouch for that. Made a trip into Illinois late July, filled up my truck at the last gas station in Missouri, crossed over the Mississippi into Illinois and the prices at the gas stations there jumped 50 cents a gallon from what they were in MIssouri.

User avatar
Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Posts: 7760
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:56 am
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: Lone Jack, MO

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Stanton » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:56 am

Barnyard wrote:I sure hope so because the truck and trailer are loaded and we plan to stop in Pocahontas, Illinois, Lawrence, Kansas and Colby, Kansas for fuel and Oakley, Kansas for a short nap. I have all the security detail at the barnyard ready to go into action.

Melissa is always ready to see who she can put in her sites. (Yes, Bandit could balance a concrete block on her head.)
Image

The crack security team is eager to put a bite in crime. There is no joke in that comment. We have had a little blood shed in the barnyard because some idiot didn't believe me when I said not to enter the yard.
bashsecurity1.jpg

And of course my buddies with the sheriffs department like to use my driveway to catch speeders.
bashsecurity2.jpg


Looks like you're good to go, Bill. Have a safe trip.
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

User avatar
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 24212
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:39 pm
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, New Haven (Hamilton County)

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Barnyard » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:36 am

The problem is finding a station to refuel with out it being a truck stop. I like the quick in and out spots. The closest I have found to Illinois is Foristell Missouri but I don't have enough fuel to get that far. Sometimes I just look at the time factor.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

User avatar
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 9502
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:50 am
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, Madison

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:32 am

Barnyard wrote:The problem is finding a station to refuel with out it being a truck stop. I like the quick in and out spots. The closest I have found to Illinois is Foristell Missouri but I don't have enough fuel to get that far. Sometimes I just look at the time factor.


Might be time for a big "pony" tank in the bed of that dually. :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Image
Member of Ohio Chapter #6

User avatar
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Posts: 17386
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:45 am
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: MD, Deep Creek Lake

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:43 am

My thoughts, exactly.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Image
Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

User avatar
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 24212
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:39 pm
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, New Haven (Hamilton County)

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Barnyard » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:34 am

Bill Hudson wrote:
Barnyard wrote:The problem is finding a station to refuel with out it being a truck stop. I like the quick in and out spots. The closest I have found to Illinois is Foristell Missouri but I don't have enough fuel to get that far. Sometimes I just look at the time factor.


Might be time for a big "pony" tank in the bed of that dually. :)

Bill

It would only be used once or twice a year. I doubt the fuel savings would justify the cost of the tank. It would just sit there wasting space the rest of the time and it would have to be low enough to close the hard bed cover.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

muleboss
10+ Years
10+ Years
Posts: 1068
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:31 pm
Zip Code: 66839
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: KS. Burlington

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby muleboss » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:04 pm

When you get to Lawrence you will only be about 70 miles from me.
If you come through Thursday you will only be about 30 miles because I will be at Ottawa for The power of Past tractor show.
Have a safe trip.

User avatar
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Posts: 24212
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:39 pm
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y
Location: OH, New Haven (Hamilton County)

Re: Is There A CubFest This Coming Weekend?

Postby Barnyard » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 pm

muleboss wrote:When you get to Lawrence you will only be about 70 miles from me.
If you come through Thursday you will only be about 30 miles because I will be at Ottawa for The power of Past tractor show.
Have a safe trip.

If all goes as planned we should be at the turnpike McDonalds around 6 pm Kansas time.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests