This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

electric motors table saw pump

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmall man
10+ Years
10+ Years

electric motors table saw pump

Postby farmall man » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Just cleaming out the barn today and I found three wagner electric motors. Two 1/4 horse motors and one 3/4 motor that had a belt which was attached to a boice crane table saw that looks dangerous. There is also an emerson electric motor attached to a pump that i think was used for the well. Just wondering if these are worth any thing or should i just take them to the scrap yard? Is there any way to get the copper out of them or just get scrap value for them? Thanks for any input
1956 cub 1947 M

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:59 pm

I just set working used electric motors under the bench. They come in useful from time to time.

You can salvage out the copper. There may not be enough copper in the motors to be worth the effort.

Scrap metal. I have a guy who will pick the scrap up and haul it to the scrap yard. It's cheaper for me to let him have it free than to drive about 60 miles round trip to dispose of it.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”