This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

massey harris pony

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
oldelf
10+ Years
10+ Years

massey harris pony

Postby oldelf » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:31 pm

I found a massey harris pony for $1100. Early 50's. Anybody have any experience with them. Looks original, runs good. Needs some attention and restoring to be pretty.

Thanks
Gene

Pony Master
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62253
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Pony Master » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:43 am

I have one, they are nice little tractors. Look the torque tube and transmission over real good. They have a tendancy to break the castings especially wthere the torque tube and transmission bolt together. Also, make sure it runs decent, that continental N62 is not cheap to work on. I like mine.
1947 Circle Cub, 193, 189
1954 Cub w/FH, IH100, 194, F11
1956 Cub Loboy w/FH and 194
1960 Cub Loboy w/FH and L-54
1953 Super A, 2 seater B, Avery V, Avery A, JD M, MH Pony, Leader D, Allis Chalmers C, and my Great Grandpa's ZA Minneapolis Moline.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:26 am

I also have a Pony but at this point haven't been able to clean it up or do any work on it. I paid a little less than the price you listed but bought it under unusual conditions. The tractor, a pretty nice 59 inch Woods mower, along with cultivator, breaking plow and disk were in a garage sale. I knew the people who were handling the sale and asked if I could leave a check for half the asking price in case it didn't sell. No one bought it at full price so it became mine on Saturday morning when all prices were reduced by 50%. The motor seem to be in excellent shape, starts immediately when the starter engages and shows no smoke. But it will need replacement of some bearings and seals in other parts of the body. Pony, I am glad to see the info which you posted. I will check mine to see if it shows any of those problems. If you know of other weak points on the Pony let me know so I can check for those. Dan