This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

JD Plow

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

JD Plow

Postby PageRob » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:14 am

I've seen a JD single-bottom plow for sale nearby. Seller doesn't have too much info on it. Apparently it has handles, so I assume it's a horse plow, but I don't know too much about them. The connection looked more like a tractor plow. He's asking $150...that seems a bit high. Any idea on what a decent price would be? If its low enough, I may end up trying to swing a deal with him.
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:25 am

The old horse drawn plows had a hitch on the front that looked much like a tractor hitch. It usually consisted of a cast plate that was turned vertically with 5 or 6 holes to allow hitching to the harness so it pulled at different angles. JD ones are pretty collectible, he will get his price.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:29 am

It had a flat horizontal plate, not a vertical one, which is what I though was odd if it had handles.
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual