This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Montgomerywards Hydrostatic 16 tractor(Gilson)

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Montgomerywards Hydrostatic 16 tractor(Gilson)

Postby BigBill » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 pm

I finally got some free time to help my son work on the Montgomerywards hydro 16 tractor i got for him.

First we took the engine out to clean up the mess the mice made. After cleaning out the flywheel housing we put a rope on the rear pulley to checkout the spark. After cleaning the points and the ign magneto we had plenty of spark in the old gal. I picked up a carb rebuild kit and a new headgasket. Then we fired her up. This old castiron 16hp briggs sure has some bark to it. I replaced the choke cable and he free'd up the throttle cable. We took it for a ride tonight and the hydro works awesome. This has the very large old castiron briggs engine when they (Kohler/Wisconsin/Briggs) made quality engines back them. (Heavy duty) Remember this country was built with these older engines running machines.

The solenoid isn't working and the voltage regulator isn't working, i need to work on that next.

My point is all these older garden tractors seem to be runners with a little work. And your getting a good solid running tractor for just a few dollars and a little work. I like saving these tractors from the junk pile........
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”