This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Got a new farm jack

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rickguns
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub "Baby Cub"
Ford 3000
Kubota MX 5100

Re: Got a new farm jack

Postby rickguns » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:53 pm

Could the base be mounted to something wider to make it more stable?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:07 pm

Yes its already drilled for that option.

I used a "simplex" jack to jack up and move machinery and this jack is similiar to the simplex.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby dgrapes59 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:46 pm

I had one of these jacks years ago when I did a lot of off roading. Always carried one, but never had to use it, I finally sold it to get it out of the way. One of the "selling" features was that you could jack the vehicle up high, when it was high-centered in ruts and tip it to one side. This got the tires out of the ruts. If I had one now, that would be a negative feature! As others have posted, like any jack, use caution when using!
David

Belmam
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 95050
Location: https://diceus.com/6-steps-to-build-your-custom-crm/

Postby Belmam » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:44 am

I apologize for bump the old topic, but I have some interesting observations that I would like to share, maybe this will help someone in the future because once I was on the lookout for useful advice.
I lift, you can see the quality. All Hi Lift moving parts are servicable. The Farm jack has been known to bend under heavy pressure,
The Hi lift has an assortment of accessories that can be used with it.
The use of the jack is pretty simple and uncomplicated if you follow the guide lines.
Never stand in front of the handle. Do all your work from the sides.
Put a brick or something behind the wheel in case of moving backwards.
Its a good idea to have Hi lift jack points forward and rear of the vehicle.
Your vehicle will shift to the side if you lift a vehicle that is standing at an angle. You have to compensate
for this.
I have used this jack to lift my vehicle out of a hole, put a rock in the hole and drive out.
You look after your jack, it will look after you.
I have used mine for compressing a door, you can also get a winch adaptor Kit and a wheel kit.
I had rockslider https://mechanicguides.com/best-farm-jacks/ lifterssome time ago of but disappeared. I am looking again, might have to import.
See pic below. I found this on the net. This is what works well , provided your slider doesnt bend

There is a safety video, it appears to be from the manufacturer. It has been watched 300,000 times in the last 9 years....I wonder how many HiLift Jacks have been sold in that time?
https://youtu.be/MrfbR4REV-s
It is one of man`s curious idiosyncrasies to create difficulties for the pleasure of resolving them.
All the best, my new article here 6 steps to build your custom crm

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”