This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

826 hydro gasser home - now this???

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

826 hydro gasser home - now this???

Postby Larry in IN » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Happy 2017!
:lost:
Got the 826 Hydro gasser home safely -- the tranny works much better [it should - don't ask]
Next malady - the starter [new] worked for a few times, then started the game of not retracting the starter gear.
Messed with it, found that several if not all the terminals on the solenoid had continuity where continuity should not have been-
Went bact to the original, rebuilt starter - it worked fine [tho it sounded as if it was supercharged - overspeed{?}]
Now this colder morning the starter gear won't retract - unhooked the battery...
Now what?
What can cause the starter solenoid-gear, etc. to have a heavy draw and/or other not yet thought of problems?

T I A !

Larry

May God continue to Bless America!
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: 826 hydro gasser home - now this???

Postby SONNY » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Flywheel could be warped/damaged causing the teeth to not mesh right, ----OR the starters need shimmed to line up perfectly centered and parallel , both vertical and horiz. ----If the teeth bind in any direction, the bendix cant retract properly!----Sounds like a solenoid replacement would be in order and check the wiring for shorts! thanks; sonny

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”