This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

MRS A-80 and a few others

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
shiggy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61776
Tractors Owned: '47 F Cub
'53 H
'66 140

MRS A-80 and a few others

Postby shiggy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 am

It's been a while since I have posted on here. Brought a MRS A-80 home a few weeks ago. Its a 1964 MRS A-80, 4-71 Detroit, all wheel drive, all wheel steer. 1 owner, when purchased they had it shipped by train to Central Illinois. Been sitting 25+ years. I drained all fuel, removed and replaced fuel filters, removed and cleaned fuel check valve, new batteries, installed fresh fuel, primed fuel, checked oil and it started, no ether.

Here's a short video the day I started it. The loud whine you hear is the blower. I removed the air intake tube before the blower in case it started to runaway. The safety air cutoff was not working then. I have since fixed flap and sounds much better.

Here are a few of my other tractors in my collection.

I hope all above image dimensions looks alright to all, using my Android.

Adam

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: MRS A-80 and a few others

Postby Dennis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:24 pm

Great collection Adam! The MRS looks fantastic; what a beast. Oh, and the MH Pony looks awesome. :hattip:
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Is that the one that Gildersleeve seed co. in Hudson had????----- Thanks; sonny

shiggy
10+ Years
10+ Years
'53 H
'66 140

Postby shiggy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Yes it is Sonny. How ya been?

Adam

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 pm

You lucky son!!!! I thought they traded that one in on the IH the had in their later years, I think it was a 4366?--They bought the mrs new I think!--I was around it a bit back in the mid 60's, and thought it was about the neatest tractor on earth at the time!
Dad always planted Gildersleeve seed corn up until they quit that line of corn.
They also had a fertilize/chemical business in Hudson at the time too.--- Wonder whatever happened to the ole GMC diesel tanker semi that sat by the shed forever? I would loved to have got the truck, the tank trailer was probably not good, but the ole truck was neat!--It looked to be early 50's and might have been a model 650 diesel.

You still gardenin' ?--We still hangin on here, everything getting costly nowdays.--onions are growing good, potatoes ,(first planting ) is up and cultivated 3 times so far!---HEY this year they are planted in the same place that you saw them under water that year!!! LOL!!!! ---Nice new road ditch working good!!!. thanks; sonny

shiggy
10+ Years
10+ Years
'53 H
'66 140

Postby shiggy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 pm

I am originally from Hudson, I know/knew most of the workers out there. Good people. That MRS was a big tractor back in the day, it has found a new home here now. Happy to have it! Yes, they bought it brand new. I think it's a rare tractor to have. Going to try and somewhat restore the old girl. Haven't had a garden here for a few years now. Been busy, kids and all.

I don't remember the truck you are talking about. That's something else I would like to get. Maybe an old GMC crackerbox with a Detroit. Good to hear things are going good for ya.

Adam

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”