This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

High Lift Bush Hog Blades

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI
Circle of Safety: Y

High Lift Bush Hog Blades

Postby BIGHOSS » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:49 pm

I have slowed down cutting and baling square bales this year. Decided to just keep fields cut with my 6 ft.Bush Hog Squealer cutter. I was not pleased with the results of my 20 year old standard blades. It just was not cutting clean enough. So, a couple of weeks ago, I bought two new high lift blades. I got them at my local Bush Hog dealer, but they were A&I brand. They are a little thicker and wider than my old ones with a slightly turned up trailing edge.
What a difference they made. Much smoother and cleaner cut. My 3000 Ford seems to run better with the governor not even kicking in. It could be that the larger blades are giving a fly wheel effect and not slowing down when hitting taller weeds and grass.
They are $37.50 per blade and well worth it. Just my two cents.

Ron
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne