This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Case 580B Loader Backhoe

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Case 580B Loader Backhoe

Postby Dan Robertson » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:42 am

Folks, I need some help with this. :?

Just purchased, and need to change some fluids. Been looking for manuals to purchase, but not sure exactly which I need.
HOPE someone here who is familiar with this machine can offer some incite into what type hydraulic oil I should be putting into this machine, and how much it takes.
Also need similiar info on the engine oil , transmission (it has a 4 speed with hyd. shuttle) ( where do you check/fill the tranny), and also info on the differential fluid.
I have been spoiled by the quality :D of the farmallcub.com forum, and am having a little difficulty :( finding a comparable forum for the heavy equipment, or loader backhoe discussions.
For some reason I can't get the pic to post this morning. :cry: If you click this link http://photos.cubfest.com/thumbnails.php?album=219 you can see a couple photos of this machine.
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:
I try to keep mine to a minimum

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:13 am

Hi Dan

The 580 is a good machine they run forever. I have seen many that have been run almost every day for 15-20 years. The engine oil check is behind a side pannel on the side of the hood. I am not shure on yours but I think the trans oil dipstick is in the a 1 1/4 fill tube it will have a expansion plug on top and the dipstick is hooked on the bottom of the plug. It may come out at the back of the engine compartment or under a small plate under the floor pan. I belive the hyd and trans oil is the same on that one. And to check it the backhoe has to be in transport position and endloader down and bucket flat. In the forklift setup of that tractor the trans fill/check comes up to the top of the hood infront of the steering wheel.

Good luck Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby (CUB HUT) » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:43 am

Dan stop by Snedegar Construction Co. ask for Chad Dick or Shelby Miles , tell them I sent you . They might even have a old part--service manual for your model.. Or give me a call and I will meat you 812 325 9193 Dave
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:53 am

8)

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:43 pm

My 580 is a ck, but I do have some books with it, problem is that yours would be a newer model and I'm not sure what all was made different between them!! thanks; sonny

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:26 pm

Dan.! --sent you an e-mail with some (hopefully helpful) info!! also a couple pics of our 580! let me know if you get it!! thanks; sonny