This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Universal Fender Mounting Bracket

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK
Circle of Safety: Y

Universal Fender Mounting Bracket

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:55 am

I was trying to find a nice and clean way to mount an SMV on my Cub...had some pics of Rick P.'s mount on dgrapes59's Cub from my CubTug photos.
But also wanted to make it able to mount other things, particularly a flashing light for plowing snow...and be interchangeable among all my Cubs.
Here is what I came up with...

Basically, anything you can attach to 1/2" electrical conduit will slide onto the mounting bracket...flag, umbrella, etc.???
The neat feature is that you can swap stuff from Cub to Cub very easily. :{_}:
Just put one on each Cub...or each fender...and you're all set.

My future project - flashing light:

If there is enough interest, maybe Rick will refine the bracket and put them into mass production when he resumes fabrication. :D
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Re: Universal Fender Mounting Bracket

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 am

I like it! Does it have a locking pin, to prevent rotation? Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 am

ScottyD'sdad wrote:I like it! Does it have a locking pin, to prevent rotation? Ed

Thanks Ed :D ...I originally was going to have a pin, but when I saw how snug the fit was I chose to omit it...It can be added very easily I'm sure.
One concern was being able to drill the hole in the exact location on every accessory...could probably make up a jig to ensure the alignment.
dave
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:53 am

Dave,

I like the concept and the fabrication, however, what you are using can cause some clearance issues for those Cubs with a Fast Hitch (your pics show no FH). I have one of Rick's brackets and had to do some adjusting mounting the FH to avoid interference between the bracket and FH. At least on my Cub, your bracket would be too thick and would hit the FH. Keep coming up with these good ideas, I like 'em.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 am

Dave:

Interesting adapter. I have a question, one that has been formulated by experience and a number of whacks to the side of my head... :roll: :( :big give up:

How do you prevent the pole from oscillating -- the fenders are not stiff enough to handle the weight of the lights at that height. BTDT... which is why I had to come up with a modified 45 degree brace across to the other fender...

I am interested in you thoughts on that problem.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 am

Rudi wrote:Dave:
Interesting adapter. I have a question, one that has been formulated by experience and a number of whacks to the side of my head... :roll: :( :big give up:
How do you prevent the pole from oscillating -- the fenders are not stiff enough to handle the weight of the lights at that height. BTDT... which is why I had to come up with a modified 45 degree brace across to the other fender...
I am interested in you thoughts on that problem.

Rudi...was aware of your brace from that earlier post...I was just going to play it by ear as I developed the light.
The photo of the light in my post was just my daughter fooling around while taking pix...
It was simply a long piece of conduit [not cut to any length] with the light housing slipped onto it.
I am hoping the light assembly will be pretty lightweight when done, if not, will start engineering something.
Dave

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 am

Bill Hudson wrote:Dave,
I like the concept and the fabrication, however, what you are using can cause some clearance issues for those Cubs with a Fast Hitch (your pics show no FH). I have one of Rick's brackets and had to do some adjusting mounting the FH to avoid interference between the bracket and FH. At least on my Cub, your bracket would be too thick and would hit the FH. Keep coming up with these good ideas, I like 'em.
Bill

Bill...do you have a photo of a fender with a FH installed?....dave
Dave

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:40 am

Winfield Dave wrote:Bill...do you have a photo of a fender with a FH installed?....dave

Dave,

Now you've gone and done it! You asked for a pic. Every time I fight with posting pics, I get beat up real bad, even after extensive coaching from the fine folks here. :oops: :oops: I still haven't even got the fundamentals down for posting pics. I guess that I have to solve this. Thanks for the boot in the britches. ---- Short answer, no pics taken of the FH. Maybe others can help.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 am

Bill Hudson wrote:
Winfield Dave wrote:Bill...do you have a photo of a fender with a FH installed?....dave

Dave,
Now you've gone and done it! You asked for a pic. Every time I fight with posting pics, I get beat up real bad, even after extensive coaching from the fine folks here. :oops: :oops: I still haven't even got the fundamentals down for posting pics. I guess that I have to solve this. Thanks for the boot in the britches. ---- Short answer, no pics taken of the FH. Maybe others can help.
Bill

Sorry Bill....didn't mean to open old wounds....I'll look on TM site later....dave
Dave

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Dave (MacGyver) Winfield,

Slick idea, I think I will hold off on my second one until you work all the bugs out, I may have to rethink my options. :wink:

As always, thanks for sharing ideas.. with pictures,
David

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:50 pm

great idea!

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Bill Hudson wrote:

Dave,

Bill

Mr. Bill,
When you come down to DSCF in February, you and I will do a one-on-one picture posting session until you have it "down pat"!!! :lol: :lol:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Great idea and good job.:D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:31 pm

I'll try to remember to take a few photos of Rick's 2nd generation bracket and mount for FH Cubs tomorrow.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:28 pm

Obviously, I didn't remember. :roll: I'll try AGAIN tomorrow. To remember, that is. :(
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor