This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb Tune-up the Hightech Way

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Carb Tune-up the Hightech Way

Postby WKPoor » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:12 pm

I was telling Bigdoggy today about a website I was on where a guy showed how to fine tune your carb with an oxygen sensor and a multimeter. Now for years I've used a fluke to check O2 sensor output on cars because I don't own a scan tool. But goly, I never thought about using the technique to fine tune a carb. All this dude did was drill a hole in the exhaust and tap threads for a spark plug ( most O2 sensors are 14mm) and wala, gas analizer for under $20.00. Now you can fine tune your jets better than ever before. I just found out this evening that this idea is old hat. Several companies are marketing a tool all jazzed up in a fancy packaging to do just that. Its popular with the bikers and hotrodders to custom tune there machines. Many of you remember the recent posts about my hopped up H and the plug fouling issues I was having. Well this just might be what I was looking for to put this problem to bed. I'm going to have Earl fix me up with a pipe milled and drilled to thread in the manifold and see how this works on a tractor. I'll keep you posted with the results in the up coming weeks. Bill

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:51 pm

You have our interest"""""""""""""

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:15 pm

Sounds good Bill,can't wait.............I use a Fluke 87............need to measure 400 Hz. out of my cub. :lol:
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:09 am

Makes perfect sense! But I never would have thought of it. That is pretty big hole in such a tiny exhaust.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:51 pm

Makes perfect sense! But I never would have thought of it. That is pretty big hole in such a tiny exhaust.

I thought about that also. I'm actually targeting my H but if it works I wondered if the Cub could be next. It will probably require an adapter pipe for test purpose only on the Cub.