This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How best to sell cub parts?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Connie
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 04578

How best to sell cub parts?

Postby Connie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:48 am

I have a 1954 Farmall Cub with several attachments that belonged to my dad. I haven't decided whether to keep the tractor and just sell the attachments, Or wait till I'm ready to sell the tractor and sell it all together as a package. I'm not advertising here, just inquiring. I'd like to get rid of all the attachments which I will never use as these attachments are taking too much room in my barn, but I don't want to decrease the value of the tractor itself.. The attachments are: straight plow, plow blade, cord wood saw, and a belly mower. I look forward to some feedback on this. Connie

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: How best to sell cub parts?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Normally the most money will come from selling the implements separately, with the exception being if the mower is a belly mount rotary mower, then the mower and cub together will frequently bring more. If it is a sickle mower you will probably be better off selling separately.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ricky racer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:49 pm

I'd say John pretty much has you covered with his advice. Good luck.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:49 pm

John gave you good advice, but here is the catch.

The best way to BUY an implement is attached to a tractor as it is easier to verify that the implement is complete. Don't separate and sell individual items unless you separate them CORRECTLY. If you have the Owner's Manuals and use them religiously or have a couple Cub experts to help, you should be OK. If you accidentally give a couple blade brackets away with the saw or a plow depth lever with the mower, you will not find an eager buyer of the leftover pieces.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Make sure the tractor starts easily and runs. There is approximately $1000- price difference between a running Cub tractor and a non runner, a parts tractor.

Most folks want a Cub with mower. I would mount up the mower and made sure the mower worked. Keep the Cub and mower together.

Top of page, manuals and PDF manuals. Free down load. Down load the manuals for the tractor and each implement. As you locate parts, place them with the implement and check off the part in the part manual.

Scour all of the buildings for odd pieces, miscellaneous parts. Put the odd pieces in a pile until you figure out where they belong.

Read "The Vine", the want ad section of this site. This will give you an idea of what each complete implement, in good condition, could sell for in you local. Check Craigs List for implements and Cubs for sale in your area.

Implements will sell better depending on the season. The snow blade would sell better this time of year, fall. And the plow better in late winter, early spring. The other side is that selling everything in a bundle would be much faster.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:51 pm

If you are not sure of what goes together post some pictures and we will help you if possible.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:08 pm

Connie the cord wood saw will bring you good money as they are hard to come by if it is a wood saw for a cub
boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Connie
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 04578

Postby Connie » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:15 am

Thank you ALL for your advice. I do have a neighbor who might help me figure out all the parts that go together. He is actually a tractor guru and is in the process of bringing the Cub up to good working condition.... assuming that I might use it again. I have emotional attachment to it, really. I'm 72 with 2 hip replacements, so don't really see myself now 'working the farm' or climbing up on this for many more years. But I have fond memories of see my dad use it, and I did use it myself about 10 years ago to haul the boat in and out. I know the tractor works, but doesn't start without being jumped while pulling down the road ! So this neighbor assures me he can make it user friendly for me.

As I've been cleaning out our old barn, he has helped me identify parts that go to the Farmall Cub and those that go to the Gravely. He has assured me that the saw is indeed an attachment for the cub, and I can see where the pointed end attaches to the tractor. He is also the one who suggested that I contact the Farmall Cub Club for any additional questions. Perhaps I'll post some pictures if I need further clarification. Thank you again.
Connie

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:14 am

I think a guy on this site still manufacturers a step for getting on and off the Cub. Use the search function, top of page.

I use the tractor mounted mower deck as a step. I have a brace on my right leg. Getting on the Cub is not a problem, getting off is a contortionist undertaking.

You mentioned a pointed end on the cord saw for attachment to the Cub. There is probably a fast hitch mounted on the tractor or in the parts pile. The fast hitch is worth decent money and fast hitch implements are desirable.

Take the time to post photos of the implements, tractor, parts.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:58 am

Not as old as you, but both hips replaced, one a major reconstruction, and with the aid of a step I still use my cub all the time. No serious farming, but I plow and disk mine and neighbors gardens, grade roads, mow, etc.