This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tuff Bilt tractor ??

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Tuff Bilt tractor ??

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 am

I noticed the Clebar has hydraulic operated brakes and steering, plus the drive appears to be hydraulic motors by the pictures. Not sure that would be the ideal setup here in the hills. If the engine stalls you would have no steering or brakes, though I assume the hydrualics would put enough drag to slow it to a crawl. A broken or burst hydraulic line almost anywwhere on it would make it like riding a snow saucer though.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:17 pm

I struggle to find the practical implementation of what this tractor would excel at (other than cheapness).
All implements must be belly mount. It would be a pain to change implements because they would have to be drug under the tractor.
Anything on the back would lift the front tires.
Is it just me or do the front tires appear to have none to very minimal suspension.

This thing is just a cheap zero turn with a couple of attachments that are a pain to change.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Urbish » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:19 pm

outdoors4evr wrote:I struggle to find the practical implementation of what this tractor would excel at (other than cheapness).
All implements must be belly mount. It would be a pain to change implements because they would have to be drug under the tractor.
Anything on the back would lift the front tires.
Is it just me or do the front tires appear to have none to very minimal suspension.

This thing is just a cheap zero turn with a couple of attachments that are a pain to change.

Both of these are intended to be exported to the developing world where it will replace draft animals and/or people scratching at the ground with coconut shells tied to sticks and the like. They're also trying to market them stateside to vegetable growers for use as a cultivator tractor.
Last edited by Urbish on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Also, it appear that CleBer did copy the Tuff-Bilt initially (which itself was essentially a copy of the Allis G), but has made incremental improvements from there. Their initial prototype that they displayed was simply a Tuff-Bilt that had been repainted and rebranded: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article61325262.html
Jim

Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:49 pm

I wouldn't invest in either CleBer or Tuff-Bilt for a couple of reasons.

Couple years ago an individual was asking about the Farmall Cub with the idea of upgrading it for sale in less industrialized countries.

When stationed in Korea, the farmers had 2 wheeled "walk behind" tractors. They were huge compared to the 2 wheeled tractors seen in the USA. Basically, the farmer would attach the implement to the 2 wheeled tractor, sit in the sulky seat and farm away. Hook up the trailer, take produce to the market or the family shopping. Those suckers would do 20 to 30 MPH.

There are quite a number of 2 wheeled walk behind tractors being built and sold world wide.
I have an excuse. CRS.

FarmLikeIt's1955
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 01007

Postby FarmLikeIt's1955 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:26 am

Yep, I've used one. It's a great cultivation tractor. You can also get a pretty mean set of disks for it. Hydraulic pressure in the rear which forces the disks down is enough to raise the "tractor" off the ground; which is cool. As someone else eluded to, it can't pull diddily. Think of it as a cultivation tractor....pretty much only., and that small set of disks might be helpful for something....You can also strap a basket weeder, a mowing deck, or a seeder to it (such as a triple row jang seeder). *Note* They make axle extension kits for this, which you might want. We have one at the farm that has been extended to a tred of 6'; on center (matching our other tractor's treads). Last I knew, they wanted close to 10 grand for one of these new. That's a lot of bread. If you are lucky enough to get one used for a lower price, you might be in for a deal however, if you need more versatility for your money, you might go with one of the cubs. The nicest things about the Tuff-bilt are 1. Accuracy and ease of cultivation (the cultivation happens directly in front of your butt, which is close to the ground. 2. Slow speed on hyrdo static control means superior control and accuracy during cultivation. The hydrostatic is also way safer than alternatives. *Last important note : This baby is low to the ground....you can't cultivate plants over a certain height....maybe 10 or 12".
Good luck

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 am

Urbish wrote:Both of these are intended to be exported to the developing world where it will replace draft animals and/or people scratching at the ground with coconut shells tied to sticks and the like. They're also trying to market them stateside to vegetable growers for use as a cultivator tractor.
I would personally question the business acumen of someone wanting to sell a hydraulically operated tractor to someone using coconut shells on sticks. Understanding proper, safe operation, and the importance of maintenance would be a big hurdle in my opinion. How they handle breakdowns would be interesting on many levels. I would think a simpler, more mechanical design would fit the bill a lot better.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:01 pm

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

bud29376
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29376

Postby bud29376 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:34 pm

I have 4 cubs and a tuff tuff bilt you can do anything with a tuff bilt that you can do with a cub. The tuff bilt has front and a rear hydraulics each hydraulic will lift about 700 lbs. on the tuff bilt. The cubs have a 10 hp. 4 cylinder, the tuff bilt came with a 16 hp k341 kohler engine single cyclinder and has been repowered with a 19 hp. twin cylinder kohler engine. The cub will out pull the tuff bilt hands down. I enjoy and work them all on a regular basis. Tuff bilts are still being made in Nebraska and they have dealers in many states.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”