This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

why so many cubs??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ad356
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14113

Re: why so many cubs??

Postby ad356 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 pm

do some cub implements fit a farmall a/super-a? that would be my choice for a second tractor if i ever bought one. super-a's are nice machines, a little more power then a cub, a little heavier but still not too big

Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Papa's Cub » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:40 pm

Well, ad356, at first I didn't understand that line of thought either ( More than one Cub ) Then one Saturday afternoon the wife asked if she could try to mow with our Cub. She did well and it wasn't long before I was looking for more cub implements to work in prepping the garden. I discovered for a little more investment I could buy another cub with the implements I needed. I had to search for a while and drove all over S. Georgia looking at Cubs, but, I found most of the implements I wanted and brought home a 76 Cub for not much more than the cost of purchasing the implements alone. Now I don't intend to become fanatical, but, it'd be nice to have one for mowing, one for planting & cultivating, and one for turning and harrowing. Besides, a lot of us on this forum aren't in as good a shape as we once were. Just my thoughts, Tom.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

KyCub54
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42029
Tractors Owned: 1952 Ferguson
1954 Cub

Postby KyCub54 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:46 pm

I think its neat that you guys own so many cubs. I have one cub and 1 Ferguson 30 and no room for any more. If I was to buy another tractor I would like to own a '39 Deer model A with the spoke wheels/rubber tires like my Dad owned. The cub is a great ride to my deer stand. Deer don't spook like they do if you are on a 4-wheeler. If I had a farm with a barn it would probably have more cubs in it. Got my eye on one now.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 pm

KyCub54 wrote: If I had a farm with a barn it would probably have more cubs in it.

You don't need a farm, just a Big Ol' Barn and the desire. :D
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Tezell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39861
Tractors Owned: 76 Cub Denim Springs
49 Cub Denim Springs
51 Cub Uncle Harvey
"Jacksonville" 53 Cub
"Jackson" 76 Cub
"Louie" 64 Cub Fast Hitch
"Paw Paw"71 Cub Fast
Hitch
"Alvin" 72 Cub
"Ugly" 75 Cub
76 Cub Val
Mr. Kirkland" 77 Red Cub
77 Cub "Russell
76 Cub w/fast hitch "Edgar"
76 - 185 Cub Lo Boy
John Deere 2003 - 5320
Kubota 7060
Kubota 5400
Kubota 2680
John Deere 445
TO20 Ferguson

Postby Tezell » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:22 am

I cannot explain it either. I agree with what the others have said here.

I love to hear them crank and run.

I am 1 long stripe away from enough......I think.........unless another one......that I don't have one like comes along????

I think I have Ed's virus!!! :help:
"I ain't believing this!"

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:30 am

One of these days - - - - got to thin the herd, just haven;t gotten around to it. More Cubs than I need!!! Watch the classifieds & Craig's list !!!!! Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:35 am

I agree, changing implements on a cub can be a pain, even more so as you get older and have arthritis, a bad back, etc. I have gotten smarter as I get older. I have one cub with a loader for moving stuff around outside the shed. another cub that has parts of a belly and front blade mounted at all times, so all I have to do is pull some pins or put a chain in a hook to change between them. The same cub also has a carryall on it. My 3rd cub normally has the Mott on it, but I have modified the mounts, and only have to pull 2 pins to remove it. The brackets for the 151 disk plow stay on it, so all I have to do is drop the drawbar and back up to the disk plow and flip up and tighten 2 eye bolts. The tiller and disk both require a floating drawbar, which I have an extra leaning up against the tiller, so I just have to mount the drawbar and install 2 pins for the disk, or 4 bolts for the tiller. Of course to use a molboard plow (which seldom happens) I have to reverse the floating drawbar. Having an extra drawbar is very handy since to use the other implements I would have to remove the idler assembly , locking bolts, etc. to make the switch.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:28 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I agree, changing implements on a cub can be a pain, even more so as you get older and have arthritis, a bad back, etc. I have gotten smarter as I get older. I have one cub with a loader for moving stuff around outside the shed. another cub that has parts of a belly and front blade mounted at all times, so all I have to do is pull some pins or put a chain in a hook to change between them. The same cub also has a carryall on it. My 3rd cub normally has the Mott on it, but I have modified the mounts, and only have to pull 2 pins to remove it. The brackets for the 151 disk plow stay on it, so all I have to do is drop the drawbar and back up to the disk plow and flip up and tighten 2 eye bolts. The tiller and disk both require a floating drawbar, which I have an extra leaning up against the tiller, so I just have to mount the drawbar and install 2 pins for the disk, or 4 bolts for the tiller. Of course to use a molboard plow (which seldom happens) I have to reverse the floating drawbar. Having an extra drawbar is very handy since to use the other implements I would have to remove the idler assembly , locking bolts, etc. to make the switch.

John, I see the need for about 2 more cubs!
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Yeah, I'm with the other guys. There's no way I'm mounting/dismounting the Woods59 to/from the mowing tractor every week. I also have one with regular drawbar for plowing/cultivating/bladework, it also has a Rick Prentice front hitch for easy trailer moving. Have one with fast hitch which mostly comes in handy when there are 2 of us working food plots. 2 gets the job done faster than one. Also it has the speed reducer for tilling with the rotavator. And does alot of carrying with the carry-all. Then I have a LoBoy with dedicated sickle mower. I don't really use it too much, but I got a heck of a deal on it, nice running little '55.
Trent McPeak

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:..........John, I see the need for about 2 more cubs!
Ed
Nah, I have all I want/need. Only reason I would buy another one is if I figured I could resell it to support the others.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:17 pm

ad356 wrote:do some cub implements fit a farmall a/super-a? that would be my choice for a second tractor if i ever bought one. super-a's are nice machines, a little more power then a cub, a little heavier but still not too big

No. The Cub and A and Super A implements are all 100% completely different, and not compatible at least from a mounting standpoint. There are some common parts between them, but the important parts are not compatible.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:32 pm

ad356 wrote:do some cub implements fit a farmall a/super-a? .....
The only thing I can think of is the 23A pull type disk.

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:25 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:

Funny thing, I have that exact setup haha

Also, wouldn't single point fast hitch stuff work with both??
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:01 am

havoc1482 wrote:

The platform carrier and the rear blade do, at least. These are from personal experience. Perhaps others do as well such as a FH planter, etc. Maybe Boss Hog can expand on the list.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:40 am

havoc1482 wrote:

Denny Clayton wrote:The platform carrier and the rear blade do, at least. These are from personal experience. Perhaps others do as well such as a FH planter, etc. Maybe Boss Hog can expand on the list.

Some do, some don't. As already stated, the carrier and blade do. The moldboard plow does. The middlebuster doesn't (can't get it out of the ground). The 38 disk has a different hitch depending on the tractor, so you need the right version of the disk. You need to check case by case.

Return to “Farmall Cub”