This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH-1000 loader bucket help.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

IH-1000 loader bucket help.

Postby BOB K. » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:23 am

Does anyone have a IH1000 loader bucket that is scrap but still has good bucket mounts on it? Or maybe someone here can make a set? I have a skid steer bucket that I want to put on my loader to use as a snow bucket this year. Thanks

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: IH-1000 loader bucket help.

Postby BOB K. » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:05 pm

Anyone have any ideas?

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:25 am

Bob, I dont have a 1000loader but my homemade setup is similar. I bought a skid steer bucket at auction, I cut most of the brackets off from the bobcat quick attach setup and simply slid the bucket in place and made my own brackets from heavy angle iron. I used a piece of roundstock that slides through the loader arm ends and through the bucket new brackets and put spring pins to keep it in place. Then I added an additional bracket to attach the cylinder. Dont skimp on material, make it heavy duty so you dont have and failures.

Ricl
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:33 am

I found this one pic of mine. You can see I welded angle iron vertically on the back of the skid bucket that also strengthened the buck and gave a place to put holes for the cross pivot rod. I extended the right side angle upwards that made a place to attach the cylinder to.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:37 am

I did the very thing you want to make. I needed to remove the big piles of snow at the end of the drive so I attached a 3x3x1/4" plate to my bucket fork rods and that allowed me to slice under the piles and carry them across the street into the ditch.

My bucket already had pockets welded onto the inside bucket so I acquired some GM front 4x4 torsion bars that slid into the pockets and pinned them in place, and made some storage clamps on top of the bucket when not in use.

Something to think about while you're doing all this fab work.