This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

184 planter modification

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kalebtrojacek
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 75119

184 planter modification

Postby Kalebtrojacek » Sat May 04, 2024 7:42 pm

Hello all. I’m going to modify my 184 planter so that I can start using it. I don’t have a fast hitch and don’t plan on buying one anytime soon. I’m thinking of getting square bar the same size the cultivators bars are made out of, cutting it the same width of the tractor and welding it to the planter bar that is vertical and attaches to the spring arm (where the 1 point hitch is supposed to be welded to). Then I’d would just use a C brace to attached it to the back cultivator bar on the cub. Any reason why this wouldn’t work? I don’t care if this hurts the value of the planter because I plan on using it.
Attachments
IMG_2024-05-04-193128.jpeg

tractorpoor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27530
Tractors Owned: 26 Cubs (49-79)
Farmall 130
Kabota B7500
NH TC45

Re: 184 planter modification

Postby tractorpoor » Sat May 04, 2024 7:55 pm

How will you get any down pressure on the press wheel?

Kalebtrojacek
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby Kalebtrojacek » Sat May 04, 2024 8:31 pm

The spring still works. Theoretically should work like it would with a one point. The only thing is I can’t runt back feet at the same time!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat May 04, 2024 9:59 pm

If I follow your plan, you won't have any side-to-side freedom of movement. Take a look at the "without Fast-Hitch" diagram in the parts catalog. I think you can unbolt the Fast-Hitch prong and make something similar to the diagram that replaces the prong and connects to the regular drawbar. Maybe borrow one of your cultivator pressure rods for down pressure. I don't think making this would be much more involved than what you described.

The diagram is in Section H of Implement Parts Catalog CBI-3 under the Farmall Cub section of the PDF manuals.

Kalebtrojacek
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby Kalebtrojacek » Sat May 04, 2024 11:06 pm

Good point Jim. Thanks for pointing out where to find an example. I’ll work on that. I need to find me a draw bar.