This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1957 low boy light switch ???

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
len-pit
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 15065

1957 low boy light switch ???

Postby len-pit » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:56 pm

57 loboy with 6 volt and distributor and VReg . i will be replacing the light switch ( 3 position)..how can i wire this so that the tractor does not have to be running for the 3 lights to turn on ?? its probally simple but i struggle w/ wiring ..my 36&37 F-12,s ..don,t have this modern stuff......great web site ..ive spent hours reading all the info..this is my first post... thank you in advance

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Re: 1957 low boy light switch ???

Postby Scrivet » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:51 am

Welcome to the Forum! Most likely your light switch is powered from the L (load or light) terminal on the regulator. You can disconnect the wire there, and at the switch, if that is what you have. Then since the ammeter is near the light switch you can make a short jumper wire from it to the light switch to get voltage directly from the battery. I would make sure the fuse is wired between the battery and lights or add one. Remember with it setup this way, when you forget the lights are on, the battery will be dead the next time you go to start the tractor.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:07 am

In all likely hood, your light switch is currently powered by a connection to one terminal of the ignition switch. Move it to the other terminal of the ignition switch. (assuming original ignition switch or other replacement with only 2 terminals).

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Hi,
Below are pages from the 1957 LoBoy owner's manual, showing the wiring. If it is wired the original way, the wire from the L connection on the voltage regulator goes to the ignition switch, that powers the ignition. It is number 35 in the page below. The view of the rear of the dash shows it.
The wire for the lights connects there too, that is the always hot side of the switch.
The numbers on the 1st page are explained on the 2nd page. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... e%2050.jpg

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... e%2051.jpg

Below is a wiring diagram that has been on here before, for the 6 volt system, with voltage regulator.
Attachments
cubwiringlate.jpg