This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fun little hitch project for Paula's Cub, pic heavy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: 1 -'58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's
2 - '52 Farmall Cubs
1 - '53 Farmall Super A
1 - ‘41 Ford 9N with a ‘49 8N Engine
1 - ‘48 (5641) Allis Chalmers G

Re: Fun little hitch project for Paula's Cub, pic heavy

Postby Lt.Mike » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:11 pm

About 14 years back I fenced in part of my back yard using farm fencing. I knew I wanted better access to the back of the house than through a 4’ gate. We have a bilco door going to our basement and I wanted to be able to back my truck and trailer up to it so when I put it up I went with pipe gates. We used two 4’ers, a 12’ and a 10’. I used concrete grass blocks under the gates to allow the grass to grow through so if you stand back you can’t see them but our dog couldn’t dig out under the gate with them in place.

It looks like this....

The pipe gates came with chain to secure it closed. We never liked the chain and you couldn’t count on the kids to stop and secure the gate with the chain. My kids friends that never saw a pipe gate didn’t know to look for the hanging chain or what to do with it either So I got the bright idea to make a closure like you see on a chain link fence.
It had to be “farmy” so I went with horse shoes and strap hinges. These were simple and the easiest things to work with. The kids had no trouble securing the gates now.
A couple of years ago I bought up a bunch of horse shoes from TSC to make a bunch of these up to sell on eBay but never got around to it.
Maybe I will soon.
Here is a quick clip I put up on YouTube showing them. They’re about 14 years old now and do show it but still work perfectly. Oh and my welding skills are a little better now ;)
https://youtu.be/mZqVACFKLcg
The farm fencing and gates worked great all those years and kept out busy little Jack Russell contained. If you’ve ever had one of these dogs you know a fenced in yard is a Godsend as they need it to burn off all that energy!
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"