This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What was more common?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:56 pm

Mmmmm interesting.

I have one of each.
Replacing the hacked up (184?) exhaust with an underslung was a bit of a problem, but it is nice to have the exhaust behind you. It could be considered NOTA (none of the above) becuase it was just wrong:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... CN3424.jpg

As for the regular exhaust.... with the flapper facing forward it stays open on the highway (on a trailer, of course) but it does make sense that it should face forward? The down side is that it hit my shoplight when I pulled it in the garage, so there is less vertical clearance.

Until I git r' done.... I won't have much of an opinion, but I do like it out of the way.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

RustyVT
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RustyVT » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:57 am

Without knowing any better, I always assumed the exhaust direction was an option, the key factor in preference being what you expected to do with the tractor. A veggy farm here has a cobbled-up verticle exhaust on a 60s model cub originally underslung because the grower didn't want hot exhaust blowing onto the leaves of the crops he was cultivating or spraying late in the season when they were tall. For mowing lawns and snowplowing, I wouldn't want to have the exhaust at "nose level" or be in the way of tree branches and garage doors. Though it would be nice to have something hit the branches before my face, I understand the verticle exhaust does a nice job of springing them for direct impact......

Return to “Farmall Cub”