This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wrap Around Dash Question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Wrap Around Dash Question

Postby Brandon Webb » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:59 am

I bought a 47 cub last week. I was just wondering what the two guage sized holes in the dash were for. Most Amp guages are in the left hole. This tractor had the original amp guage in the right hole. The left hole was open (perfectly) where some guage had been before. I was just wondering what would have went there, and why they have two holes. Thanks Brandon.

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bermuda Ken » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:06 am

Someone must have punched out the cover on the LH dash hole. You could custom add an engine oil pressure gauge to the LH hole. (this was not a factory or dealer installed option). You could install a chrome dash plug in the hole too.

On the flat grille Cubs, (International Cub) the Amp gauge is in the LH hole and the light switch is in the place where the RH hole is.
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:47 am

Brandon:

On Ellie-Mae, both top dash knockouts were gone. The left hand had the amp guage in it leaving the right one empty. I really cannot lean over to see the oil pressure on the guage when connected at the filter housing. Sooo, I went and saw me buddy Ben, got me some steel brake line and then from my other buddy Alton and his son David, I got me a used Oil Pressure Guage from an H or an M, not sure which, because they were dash mounted. After a bit of playing around, I now have an Oil Pressure Guage dash mounted in the right hand knockout and it makes reading the guage easier and plugs the hole :!:

Pretty neat fix.. and useful too! I like it so much, I just may either knockout a plug on Granny my 47 and do likewise, or find another long eared dash with the knockouts gone and redo that one for Granny.

Jethro will have the same mod along with a few others to complete his transormation to a stationary back up generator..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

ScottyG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ScottyG » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:03 am

Exactly what I plan to do Rudi. Not quite an OEM fix but to me it seems to finish things off much better. I figure if I ever get hit with a bit of nostalgia and want to convert things back to magneto and get all of the original wire looming and other bells and whistles, I can always tack a new knockout in place too.
"Henry" 1948 Farmall Cub