This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Breaking down the Hydraulic Pump

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Breaking down the Hydraulic Pump

Postby Kirk » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:10 pm

To All,

After being out-of-pocket (it seems like for ever :( ) for many months it's really good to be settled into our home in Arkansas and havbe finally gotten a shop built to work (play) in.

And wouldn't you know it, my first project has hit a snag. :roll:

One of my '63's needs the hydraulic pump overhhauled as it's leaking hydro fluid into the crankcase. So I purchased the repair kit from IH and went to the Blue Ribbon service manual and pulled up and printed the info (including the parts breakdown) on doing the job. So far so good.

After pulling the pump off and splitting it apart I find it different from the diagram......particularly the drive gear. The "driven gear" came right out but the "drive gear" has a gear on each end of the shaft (which I'm sure they all do.....except the diagram doesn't reflect that). My question is.....after flattening the lock washer and removing the nut, how does that gear come off :?: :?: I see no "keepers" of any kind and I've tried gently prying it off but it doesn't budge. :? As always, any help is appreciated.

Merry Christmas and may our Lord bless all of you this new year....which is fast-approaching.
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:48 pm

If my memory serves, I used a small gear puller. It didn't take much, seems only 2 or 3 turns and it came off.

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:08 pm

Thx HR,

So it does just pull off. I wasn't sure. I'll get back to it tomorrow.
Thx for the quick reply.

Merry Christmas
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:32 pm

Kirk, a small puller has been required on all of the ones I've worked on. there is a woddruf key under it that is sometimes a pin to pull also.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:01 am

Thanks John. I'll watch for the key. I appreciate that.
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

Postby superc_1 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:46 am

KIRK
I DON'T KNOW WERE YOU GOT YOUR PARTS, BUT THE IH DEALER IN LINCOLN HAS A LOT OF PARTS THE GUYS GRANDDAD STARTED IT AND ITS AN OLD IH DEALER. NO TELLING WHAT THEY GOT BACK IN THE BACK IN ALL OF THOSE OLD SHELVES. THEY HAD IDLE TUBES IN STOCK!
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM ATKINS, ARKANSAS.
No matter where you go, there you are.
"Jefthro Burns"

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:34 pm

Hey SuperC,

Funny you should mention that place in Lincoln, I just went by it the other day for the first time. Lots of neat stuff sitting around outside.....even a couple of old cubs. They must have at least a dozen cub cadets......all missing something ot other....,but still lots of parts. Actually it appears that they are parting the cadets out.....maybe on Epay.

I will start trying to get my parts from them as they are just up the hiway from me.

But thx for the info and it's good to hear from another hillbilly.

Merry Christmas to you.
Kirk

CUBS:

'49