This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Locating a family Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jimmler
Zip Code: 93444
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
1974 Cub Cadet 149

Locating a family Cub

Postby Jimmler » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:58 am

I was curious if anyone has had any luck locating a Cub that was once owned by someone in your family. Having recently obtained an example similar to the one my grandfather had, I've been wondering what ever happened to his tractor. Maybe someone on here might even have it......

It was sold by my grandfather probably in the late 70's after he stopped farming his truck garden in Middleton, WI. Unfortunately, I don't have a serial number or date of the tractor, but here's what I remember of it: Wire mesh grill, painted white. Touch control hydraulics with a cultivator set up, painted blue. I remember there being shields down the middle to help protect the plants. White wheel weights in the back, but none on the front. It was still 6 volt and distributor ignition. Front and rear lighting with the "O D B" switch, so I guess that would make it mid 50's vintage? There were some other attachments that he never used, but were probably sold with the tractor. Someone in the family thought it was sold to "Orchids by the Ackers" in Waunakee. I had contacted one of the Acker daughters a number of years ago and although she had fond memories of my grandfather(he was a florist, too: Hillside Flower Shop on South Ave.), she was fairly certain they did not own the tractor.

I'm not interested in owning it, but more about whether it's still out there "somewhere" providing excellent service. I'm sure one of my family members must have some pictures of it as it was used in the Middleton Good Neighbor parade probably around 1967 or so. All of grandkids at the time were towed behind it on an antique REA wagon. The wagon was donated to the town of Middleton much later and can be seen at the Middleton Depot Museum.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middleton_Depot#/media/File:Middleton_Depot.jpg
We all had our thumbs dipped in green food dye for the parade. Seems like a million years ago.....

-Jim
-Jim

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Locating a family Cub

Postby Glen » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:00 pm

Jimmler wrote: but here's what I remember of it: Wire mesh grill, painted white.
Jimmler wrote: It was still 6 volt and distributor ignition. Front and rear lighting with the "O D B" switch, so I guess that would make it mid 50's vintage?

Hi,
Someone probably painted the grille white, the screen style grilles came red like the rest of the Cub.
That style of grille was used with the hoods with the 3 ribs on each side.

If it was original, and had Battery Ignition, and the 3 position light switch, those came out in mid 1950 at Cub serial number 115403.

From what you said, it would be a mid 1950 - later 1954.
Later 1954 is when the next style of hood and grille came out.

The 3 rid hood and screen grille were used from 1947 - later 1954. :)

Return to “Farmall Cub”