This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fuel line Cub low boy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AZjim
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fuel line Cub low boy

Postby AZjim » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:32 am

Has there ever been or should there be a stand pipe inside the fuel tank on my '56 Cub Low-boy? I think I'll clean out the tank and fuel line prior to installing the new carb. I see no stand pipe at present. Thanks for any help. Cheers, Jim

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Cub standpipe

Postby allenlook » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:37 am

I don't have a Lo-Boy, but on my '52 Cub the standpipe is not that tall, and is really only comprised of how far into the tank the sediment bowl reaches.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:32 am

AZJim,

Welcome to the board.

On my numberd series lo-boy the stand pipe is also how far the sediment bowl reaches into the tank.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

AZjim
10+ Years
10+ Years

Stand pipe

Postby AZjim » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:18 am

Thanks Guys, It is my assumption that there ought to be a stand pipe that extends upward into the tank from below. It might also have a small screen on top. Or just the fact that, the top end of this pipe would be above the layer of the majority of sediment found on the bottom, would be a big step in keeping crud out of the carb. and sediment bowl. My chain saw and my Mantis Tiller both use a small porous ceramic rock filter. I wonder if one of these might work. Of course it isn't a purist's solution. I just need to get the tractor back to work. The "honey do list", and the acre and a half of weeds are still growing. Cheers, Jim

mr67gp
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mr67gp » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:44 am

AZJim - welcome to FC!

I am new to cubs, but I happen to have a '56 Loboy, and just recently dealt with the sediment in my tank. There is no stand-pipe in my tank, and my Cub is all original. If the tank is that crudded up that you need a standpipe - I think it might be best to pull the tank and clean it out thoroughly. The sediment bowl and screen should take care of the reasonable amount of dirt that will inevitably get into the tank. If you have tnak rust issues, then seal the tank after it is cleaned. There are numerous tank cleaning/sealing kits on the market. Eastwood sells them, too.

Hope this helps!
Jim K in PA
Pocono Mountains, PA
1956 International Cub Loboy
1973 International Loadstar S/A dump
1990 John Deere 955

Return to “Farmall Cub”