This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Cub Clutch finger adjustment.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RedFred
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub with 22 sickle mower,Grader blade with brackets for snow plow, Swaying draw bar,193 moldboard plow and a spring tooth field cultivator.

Farmall Cub Clutch finger adjustment.

Postby RedFred » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:55 am

I am putting a new clutch in my farmall cub and I couldn't seem to find if the spec was (Bolted Or not Bolted)to the fly wheel. And I also wanted to ask if I can adjust the TOB with the tractor put back together because I have an early cub without the clutch petal adjustment bolt.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall Cub Clutch finger adjustment.

Postby Eugene » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:23 am

Clutch finger/lever adjustments are made/measured with the pressure plate installed on the flywheel.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:15 pm

Hi,
The finger height should be 1 3/16" - 1 1/4", measured to the surface below the fingers.
For the 1st style of free play adjustment, with the clevis inside the housing, they have said on here it is easier when putting the Cub together to put in 1 bolt on each side of the clutch housing, to hold it together, then check the free play. If it isn't right, remove the 2 bolts, and split it again, and change the adjustment on the rod, then put it together using the 2 bolts, and check it again.
It is easier than working up through the hand hole to change the clevis position.
Then when the free play is right, put it together using all the bolts.

Below is a post about it. Read what tst, and Gary wrote.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114756

I sent you a PM.

RedFred
Cub Star
Cub Star
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub with 22 sickle mower,Grader blade with brackets for snow plow, Swaying draw bar,193 moldboard plow and a spring tooth field cultivator.

Postby RedFred » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:50 pm

Thanks for the pm I finally got it back together and the seal work great and the clutch is good to but the pilot bushing is a bit tight because when I push in the clutch when it's in netrual it stops and let's me shift but it's not stopping completely,so I tested it and I turn the pto on and push on the clutch I can stop the pto with my hand and and it doesn't seem to turn all the way around on it's own. So what I'm thinking I will just wear it down a tiny bit by spinning the pto with a electric motor from the pully while the clutch is pushed in

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower

Postby Glen » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:55 pm

There was one or more people that wrote on here that did it that way, with a motor on the PTO shaft.
I guess it works, unless the shaft is too tight in the bushing, someone said that the bushing could gall inside, from too much heat with the shaft turning in it.
A new pilot bushing needs measuring inside with a dial caliper after installing it, and reaming if it is smaller than the Cub service manual says it should be, so it isn't too tight on the clutch shaft.

RedFred
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby RedFred » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:11 pm

It's not very tight just enough to keep it turning unless I put resistance against it

RedFred
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby RedFred » Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:46 am

The clutch works really good other then the bit of drift with the shaft. And the seal I used works there was no need for a new retainer . The seal I used was from Atlanta Tractor parts for the older cubs for anyone looking for it. I will get the part number later today.