This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

67 Lo Boy Running Rough

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
67_Lo-Boy
Zip Code: 00000

67 Lo Boy Running Rough

Postby 67_Lo-Boy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:46 am

I just picked up my first Cub - 67 Lo Boy. Previous owner said there was rust in the tank. Cleaned the bowl and lines out. Fuel doesn’t seem to be an issue.

At higher RPMs the Tractor falls on its face and spitts and sputters but at low ROM will idle fine.

Could this be a timing / governer issue?

Looking for advice before I throw parts at it.

TIA

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 67 Lo Boy Running Rough

Postby tst » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:54 am

points gap and condition set to .020 ? Hi speed jet plugged ?, poor fuel flow?

67_Lo-Boy
Zip Code: 00000

Postby 67_Lo-Boy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:57 am

I’ll certainly check these things out. Just looking for things to check. Looking to get a manual and go through this thing and replace all new fluids but want to make sure it runs well first, before I dump money into it.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:00 pm

Manuals available upper left of page. Click on "quick links", then on "PDF Manuals". Scroll down to "Cub".
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:03 pm

New to you tractor. First thing, compression tests.

Could be a fuel flow or ignition issue. Coil or condenser breaking down. Ignition advance not working. Plug wires on wrong plugs. Distributor improperly timed. Etc..
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:17 pm

Given what you already have seen/done, I would start with a couple more fuel checks.
- There is (should be) a small screen in the carburetor inlet, where the fuel line connects. Make sure it is clean.
- There is carburetor jet at the other end of the hex screw head in the side of the carburetor. Unscrew it and make sure the small hole in the end is clean. Use a SOFT wire, like a phone wire to make sure it is clear.
- While the jet is out, open the fuel shut-off and see what sort of flow you have from the jet opening. It should maintain a good flow.