This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Reassemble Danco C3 Spindle

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Blueskypilot
Zip Code: 00000

Reassemble Danco C3 Spindle

Postby Blueskypilot » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:29 pm

I recently bought a C3 Mower for my Cub. Can anyone tell me how to reassemble the spindle? It looks as the the lower race, bearing, and grease seal needs to be installed in the spindle housing before being pressed onto the spindle. While pressing, might this damage the bearing cage? I cannot figure out how the lower grease seal could be properly pressed into the housing otherwise. (the bearing in the picture is has NOT been pressed--this spindle is a much looser than the other two. I'll use Loctite 620 on this one.)

C3 Mower Spindle.jpeg

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Reassemble Danco C3 Spindle

Postby tst » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:33 pm

yes they need to be pressed on before reassembly, if done correctly does not hurt the bearing and seal

Blueskypilot
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Reassemble Danco C3 Spindle

Postby Blueskypilot » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:30 pm

That makes sense. Thanks.