This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Have I committed another Oob-Oob?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Have I committed another Oob-Oob?

Postby Larry in IN » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:19 pm

I have the TC [my version of] rebuilt, reinstalled on the Cub, and fixed all the errors that I have caught so far.

After finding the open circuit in the hot wire to the ignition and new points, etc. without removing the distributor [didn't know my fingers could bend those ways] it runs smoothly.
As I first asked the hydraulis to lift, it did :!: twice; after that, nothing for several minutes of moving the lever back and forth. :( :cry:
Anybody have any idea what I am missing? How many cycles should it take to prime the system and then work the air out? :?

Hopr there is a simple, logical answer.

Thanks!
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 pm

Hi Larry. After you cycled the system a couple times, did you also add more fluid? Make sure the t/c piston is re-tracted(in all the way), remove your big plug and add more fluid to the bottom of the threads, install the plug loose so nothing dumps out at you, and cycle the system again. Repeat this process till the air is out. Hope this helps, the experts will be here shortly. Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:54 am

If you also rebuilt the pump, did you put the lock tab back on and bend it over the nut on the pump shaft. i have known the nut and drive gear to come off when people forgot this.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Festus
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42355
Tractors Owned: 1953 Cub
1953 Super C
1953 Super H
1953 Super M
1956 100
1964 140
1972 JD 4020

Postby Festus » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:08 am

Larry, I don't know the answer to your question, but I thought it was timed perfectly. I was awaiting the answers because mine did the same thing. After getting everything back together, I bled the system the first time I started the tractor. It worked great, so I topped it off with fluid and have used it several times in the past few weeks. Then, on Sunday, I mounted the cultivators, and the lift would not even begin to budge them. Nothing! So I checked fluid level - it was fine. I tried to bleed the system again - still nothing. I borrowed a gauge to check pump pressure and trouble-shoot the system but before I installed the gauge yesterday, I tried it and the lift worked just as it should! I believe it is another case of the CG's (Cub Gremlins - they come by to bother me from time to time)

Festus
"When you read the readin', how do you know the feller who wrote the readin, wrote the readin' right?" - Festus from Gunsmoke

Return to “Farmall Cub”