This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New tank working. Front rims

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed May 31, 2006 11:22 am

George Willer wrote:
johnbron wrote:I wonder what type or grade of stainless they are refering to. My solution has never turned yellow and I have been using the same mix and the same piece of stainless for over 2 years. I am using Food-Grade Army mess hall trays so maybe that is the secret?. Maybe the stainless rod or flat that is bought for welding construction will deteriate faster under those conditions. :?: I am going to continue using my stainless slop trays. Dont know that its kilt anybody by eating off of them. :lol:

Bronson,

I'm a stainless using guy too. Until I found the piece of stainless I use now I collected road kill wheel covers. Their large area was good, but I found a larger piece of stainless and trimmed it to fit the bottom of my tank. I have no idea which of the hundreds of stainless alloys any of them are, but I've never seen any yellow in the solution. Maybe chicken little is right but I just don't know... and I'm not very concerned.

No chicken little gloom and doom here, just a word of caution.
Chromates:
"They are carcinogenic. All hexavalent chromium compounds are considered toxic and carcinogenic."
I have no idea how this would effect those who do use stainless in their tanks, I just don't use it. It's really not too hard to pull the expanded metal I do use, and clean it off from time to time.
I wouldn't use stainless myself, just as a precaution. The same as I won't spray paint with a hardener without proper respiration.
8)