This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bloomsburg Fair

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI
Circle of Safety: Y

Bloomsburg Fair

Postby BIGHOSS » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:14 pm

Our daughter lives in Wilkes Barre, PA. My wife is up there now for a visit. They plan to go to the Bloomsburg Fair in Columbia county next week. They tell me this is a great fair, that is now more than 150 years old. I told them to be on the lookout for CUB tractors, while there. Is there anyone on this forum, that lives in this area, planning to go?
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:56 pm

Not this year, but I will be going to the Red Power Roundup at the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds next June. The Farmall Cub is the featured tractor. :D

http://www.red-power-roundup-2007.com/
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

dkeller
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dkeller » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:46 pm

wooo hoo I can get to red power next year fianlly, i went to the last one that was there and i went to the dealership up there again, buitiful country but alotta hills I'll bet all the cubs got picked up when rpru was there last time.

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Re: Bloomsburg Fair

Postby Ron L » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:55 pm

BIGHOSS wrote: Is there anyone on this forum, that lives in this area, planning to go?

Hey BigHoss. We go every year a few times during the week. Only live 30 minutes from there. They have a few nice Farmall Tractors, including Cubs, on display there every year near the entrance .......... :) http://www.bloomsburgfair.com/
Ron

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:40 pm

This is kinda late, but we always go to the fair a few times that week.

There's an oyster stew stand that's been there since the civil war -- coles.

And.....for those who like cider, Benton Cider Mills make the best I have ever tasted.

The Worlds largest Cream puffs and Eclaires are also worth having.......

Bloomsburg is, BTW the only proper "Town" in Pennsylvania.

It is the largest, and best fair in the state, although I do not work it. For those of you who like really big fairs, I'd recommend the drive. It is always the 3rd full week of September.

As far as tractors go, yes, there are some nice Farmalls, but, as with most fairs, those !@)$*(%##@$#*%%*#$(@ 2-cylinder greene machines are the more common sight.