This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Question on headlight/grille color on a 48 Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Question on headlight/grille color on a 48 Cub

Postby CTdave » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:00 pm

Quick question; I have seen them both ways but I was wondering which color is right for my 48.
On my Cub, the lights are black and the grille is red. I have seen pictures of them with lights red & the grille is black. Which is it supposed to be?
Thanks, Dave

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby jim turner » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Red on the grille headlights can be black or red which ever you like
Jim Turner

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:10 pm

Red and red from the factory. Lights that were black were typically dealer add-ons. Black grilles are likely aftermarket purchases that have not been finish painted. Or they were owner preferred colors.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby magnumpi » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:14 pm

Dave: Cut it out !! You're having too much fun and it's only been 24 hours !! Craig

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:19 am

magnumpi wrote:Dave: Cut it out !! You're having too much fun and it's only been 24 hours !! Craig

Somebody stop me!!!!!!!!! I'm out of my mind & having too much fun!! I put the Cub back in the garage three times today only to go back & take it for another spin. I went on a 2 mile run with my son standing between my leggs steering & my 2 y.o. daughter sitting on my right leg. Everyone we saw was smiling & waiving. I thought my 50' Bertram was fun, I had no idea how great this would be!!!!!!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:20 am

CTdave wrote:
magnumpi wrote:Dave: Cut it out !! You're having too much fun and it's only been 24 hours !! Craig

Somebody stop me!!!!!!!!! I'm out of my mind & having too much fun!! I put the Cub back in the garage three times today only to go back & take it for another spin. I went on a 2 mile run with my son standing between my leggs steering & my 2 y.o. daughter sitting on my right leg. Everyone we saw was smiling & waiving. I thought my 50' Bertram was fun, I had no idea how great this would be!!!!!!!!

Dave,

You're getting the idea!!! Cubs can be a lot of fun for the whole family. Son Steve is taking DIL Nadine and wife Marilyn for a ride.

Take it slow and hold on to those kids! NEVER allow a kid to ride if you're using an implement of any kind.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Stick
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Stick » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:10 pm

CTdave wrote:

50' Bertram is nice. Some day i'll get my 60' Viking. We had 40' Luhrs for years but we now run a 30' Scarab. Also Fun.
Stick-Tastic

1950 "Demostrator" White (Casper)
1955 Cub High Crop
1965 Allis Chalmers Big Ten's
1941 JD H
35 JD Unstyled A (Open Fan Shaft)
1949 JD A
1949 JD BN
1936 JD B
2- 1937 BN
1937 JD B
1932 JD GP
2-1941 CASE VC

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:51 am

Stick wrote:
CTdave wrote:

50' Bertram is nice. Some day i'll get my 60' Viking. We had 40' Luhrs for years but we now run a 30' Scarab. Also Fun.

I used to be a performance junkie. Grew up on sport fish boats but got the itch to go fast in my 20's. I raced a 37' Outerlimits in APBA and Superboat International from 1998-2001. Both my throttle man's wife and my wife got pregnant so after the last race of the season, we hung it up. Dangerous sport!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:53 am

Must have been something in the water. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!