This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Snowplowng Seat Time

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brianJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: k0e1k0

Snowplowng Seat Time

Postby brianJ » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Finally winter arrived in Eastern Ontario. We got about 6-7" yesterday and another inch or two this morning. I had made a deal with our youngest son of three years that if he participated for his whole half hour Canskate class he could help plow. I got home from the skating class (in which Emerson managed to stay on his feet for almost the entire time) and went to fire my '49 up to find the battery was weak. I pulled the spark plugs and put them on the stove and the battery on charge. After a while I re-istalled the plugs and battery and she fired like a champ. I'm sure I could have hand cranked her. I then turned on the lights and found that I must have a bad ground. The lights were very dim. Well that didn't slow Emerson and I down one bit. We plowed the lane and had a good time doing it. The first snow is always the best just like the first mow of the spring.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:29 pm

Brian:

Glad you got some seat time plowing snow. It has been a long wait this winter. We got a lovely bit of snow last night as well, and I was out till 0045hrs plowing with Ellie-Mae. WhooHoo :!: That was fun. First time with the restored Cub-54 Blade.

Got a question.. it says Iroquois as your town, by any chance is that Iroquois Falls?????
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:07 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Still waiting................ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:14 pm

Bigdog wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Still waiting................ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The best defense against against snow,is being prepared......
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/v ... plowed.jpg
this is last year a couple of weeks before Docfest, two snow plows, one in that snow bank, one broken, had to use that box blade and loader :cry: :cry: :cry:
This year, two snow blades rarin to go, and nothin............
Last edited by John(videodoc) on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Same here. Been ready for weeks. Nuthin! :evil:
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Postby spaceghost » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:16 pm

same here in MA. Not even a flurry this winter :evil: :evil:
Bacon makes everything better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Well, I put the blade and chains on last fall. Knowing that it would kill any chances of snowfall for the season.

For the 12 month period of 2006 our area got less than 1" of snowfall total. Normals are 20 + inches.

Had some flurries today but you can't plow flurries........ :cry:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

siii8873
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby siii8873 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:32 pm

we also got about 6-8" of snow yesterday here in far northern NY and some seat time. The cub works GREAT! My old JD110 had a manual lift and took twice as long. The hydraulic lift is a grat thing. This summer I will definitly add hydraulic tilt.
I plan to go out this evening and do some touchup were the cars were yesterday. It will be a good test for cold weather starting/operation, about 10 deg and dropping in temp.
I almost wrote a message yesterday asking for someones phone number so I could call and have them listen to the cub when in reverse, sounds to noisy to me. All forward gears are much much quieter.
"May the current be with you and the wind at your back"

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:47 pm

WAAAAAAA!!!! WE GOT A DUSTING!!!KRUSTY IS SITTING AND WAITING!!IF WE DON'T GET ANY SOON I'M GONNA SPLIT KRUSTY AND FIX THE REAR SEAL THANKS TO RICK!!![BILLIEANDMILLIE].KETCHAM
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:43 pm

Not only is the Cub ready but so is the Ariens with the 48 inch snow blade. Even put up snow fence by the driveway to keep out that huge drift that normally forms there. It worked. No snow yet. :lol:

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:02 pm

Cool Brian 8)

All I got to do this year is clean off three inches with the grader blade this year. And I ended up leaving the cub in the woods 350 miles north of me. I am trying I put the blade for the fourwheeler in the back shed. But I do have the blade on the 130 in the garage.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Since our first storm the week before Christmas, I probably have 12-15 hours pushing snow. We've already had twice our average for the season (about 3 1/2-4 feet). I did fib once and told my wife that I was a little tired after plowing so she wouldn't think I was having too much fun. Now I just need to dig out the trailer and see if I can pick up either a rough '47 or running '54 at an auction in southern Wyoming on Saturday. They have only had 2" and most of it is gone.

Bob

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:42 pm

When I got home this afternoon, there was about 4" in the driveway. Too bad my lights don't work quite right, or I probably would've run back to the shed.

I used my push snowblower... Hey, I spent $500 on the danged thing last winter and only used it 3 times. Gotta get my money's worth out of it somehow!!! :)

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:24 am

It's HARD to PLOW SNOW in 60 degree weather ! :lol: I JUST LOVE IT HERE IN TENNESSEE :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

brianJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: k0e1k0

Postby brianJ » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Rudi
I am in Iroquois which is about an hour east of Kingston, Ontario and about half an hour west of Cornwall. Iroquois Falls is near Timmins way north of Sudbury.
Funny story about Iroquois Falls, we had received some Christmas cards in the mail and I was mindlessly opening and quickly reading them when I opened one and three pictures of kids fell out. Two were seven year old twin boys and one was of a 9 year old boy. I didn't recognize these kids so I then read the envelope. It was addressed to people in Iroquois Falls with the same last name. The sender who was a niece or nephew addressed it to Aunt Eunice and Uncle Curly but didn't include the Postal Code. So I found the Code on the internet, taped up the envelope and sent it off. I thought later that I should have included a note apologizing for opening their mail and told them a little about our part of the family tree to see if they are related. Our last name isn't very common but we do get around.
Hi 'Country'
We were having that kind of winter 'til about Sunday night. We had a green Christmas and on the 7th of January I was out burning the deadfall pile and the Chritmas tree in a t-shirt. It seemed the west coast was getting our winter and we had theirs.