This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

fan pulley lubricant

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tori's dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

fan pulley lubricant

Postby tori's dad » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:16 am

What lubricant do I put in the Cubs fan pulley, I can't find the info in either of my shop manuals

bobburke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07419

Postby bobburke » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:40 am

I used Luscas oil additive in mine. This stuff is very clingy and I thought it would stick to the bearing better then plain oil. The funny thing about the fan hub is that the bearing is in the center but the oil would likly stay to the outside while spinning. On the other hand mine is 52 years old and still spins like new.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:39 pm

There is a little curved "slinger" with an oil groove in it that mounts to the center shaft. The slinger and shaft don't turn, but it is designed so it scoops the oil that is clinging to the outer shell form centrifugal force and directs it back toward the center to lubricate the bearing.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!