This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hood Removal for Extreme Novice

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Ah now Pete :!: Just a little humor among friends :!: All in good fun :P

Champion James
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Champion James » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:59 pm

Thanks all for the patient advice and encouragement. Hood is off and still in one piece, but man alive did I unleash a filthy mess :!:

Pete really saved me by mentioning that wiring bracket. I'd have probably tugged that sucker right out of there. Special mention also due to Jackman, who gave me an excuse to use my new pump siphon... :wink:

Let the adventure begin.
1955 Cub

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:54 am

Way to go Champ, it wasn't as hard as it seemed was it? You're right, the adventure is beginning, but I think you will enjoy it :!: . Pete

Josh, have you heard the song, WELL THAT'S MY STORY, (And I'm sticking to it)?, that's what I was referring to :D . Pete

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby TexCub » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:29 am

Champ,

As a small aside, make sure NOT to touch any head bolts unless you have full intention of taking the head off!! (don't ask :oops: ) Chances of a bolt being stuck and snapping off are pretty good on these old tractors. And if a head bolt breaks you've got to get 14 more without breaking anymore than possible.

Just a little tip. See, there's a little bracket out there that'll keep your spark plug wires all neat and tidy and I was real tempted to add one, not a good idea.... :roll:

Dave
53 Cub, C-2 mower, grader blade, cultivators, & a few plows

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:21 pm

deputyjailer90 aka podge wrote:
JimT wrote:
Pete1941 wrote:Remove muffler,

Hey Pete,

Why should the muffler be removed? :P :lol: :oops:

JimT

Thats easy Jim. Its a good time to repack or replace the muffler bearings while your there :P :P :P :P I think Pete may still be excited over hitting 501 :D :D

Hey podge, remind me when I hit 501 not to pack any muffler bearings. :oops: :oops:

Oh, Hi Pete. Didn't see ya sitting there reading this thing. lol :lol: :lol:

JimT
Last edited by JimT on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:32 pm

Hey JimT, you better get the grease ready, cause tain't gonna' be long now, as the long tail cat said in a room full of rocking chairs. Josh must have gotten so greased up that he slipped right out on us today :roll: :wink: . Or he may be out looking for the song I asked him about :P :P . Pete

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:34 pm

Yea, Josh is off to the music store. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JimT
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:13 pm

Champ,

Congrats on getting the hood 8) :) , aint it fun workin on these old Cubs :D.......

PS ifin ya ever decide to take a rear wheel off do yourself a large favor and search the site fo "WEDGES" and you will find some much needed info, I found out the hard way :shock: :o ......

And welcome to the site :!:

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:52 pm

Jim and Pete, I have been busy on the Demo. The song you are talikng about was sung by Collin Raye and also was a song by Jimmy Buffett. Your picking on the wrong guy when it comes to music :D I am a walking jukebox. Jim good luck with the muffler bearing grease. Its hard to find :D I tell you its too hot to do anything, even fish, never thought i would say that. Feels good bein one of the 501 boys huh Pete. You fellas take it easy. For now I am gonna go get the finasl out of the parts washer :evil: Messy

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:21 pm

Hey Josh,
If you think muffler grease is hard to find try looking for blinker fluid, there just ani't none to be found anymore since they started using them darn LED's in taillights :wink:
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:28 pm

Kodiak, I'll bet if you put a little red food coloring into some of that high powered, high octane fuel up your way, you'd definitely come up with something that would glow :shock: :roll: :wink: . Pete

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 am

Kodiak wrote:Hey Josh,
If you think muffler grease is hard to find try looking for blinker fluid, there just ani't none to be found anymore since they started using them darn LED's in taillights :wink:

Is this the same stuff as seal beam fluid :?: :D

Hope youre not mad at me Pete :D :D :D :D

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:18 am

No way Josh, I don't mind a little kidding and also like to kid in return, in fact those folks that don't kid me now and then, those are the ones I worry about, :? :P . Oh, and BTW, when it comes to music, you're talking to another walking jukebox, I've been picking and grinning around 50 years or so now! What we're doing here is just a little Razz-Ma-Tazz Polka. You mentioned too hot to fish, (Brad Paisley), but it is too hot to fish here as well :P :P . Pete

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:23 am

Pete. We'll have to get together sometime. I play a Gibson J200. I also live about 30 minutes from Bill Monroes homeplace, so you could image how much music floats around these parts. My grandfather has taught me to pick and grin. He played guitar for Johnny Horton and has also played with George Jones. He is a legend in my eyes. Too Hot to fish was also another hit by Mark Chestnutt but it was really called Too Cold at Home :D

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:24 am

Josh, that's great! I have more guitars than Cubs at the moment. Pre CBS Telecaster, Lmtd. Edition 1980 Black and Gold Tele, 1969 Martin D-35, and a 1986 Anniversary Edition Ovation. The guitars I've owned in the past, and let get away, makes me want to up-chuck. With those, if I still owned them and sold them today, I could have a fleet of Cubs :roll: :oops: . Pete