This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

cub express

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Reid
10+ Years
10+ Years

cub express

Postby Jim Reid » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:31 pm

If anyone doubts that we have a bunch of good guys willing to help each other think again i sold Bob in Ct.a comple 172 planter and Gil Parker met me in Greensboro today and picked up the planter and is deliverying it to Hartford,Ct THREE CHEERS FOR GIL.
THANKS GIL
Jim.

Gil
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gil » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:38 pm

Well, ya know, I was expecting to pick up an old rusty gadget but I was surprised to see that it's brand new. Jim seemed to think it was old and he just touched it up a bit, but it sure looks new to me.
I haven't met him yet, but Bob seems like a pretty nice guy and I'd sure hate to see him let down when he finds out he's not getting the old antique he was expecting.
And since his barn isn't ready yet I was thinking it might be a good if I helped out a little more. So I figure if I just hang on to for a few months, might even take a year, I'll drag it around the yard, run it into a few trees and rocks, leave it out in the rain and let the rust build up. Then maybe it will be ready and look more like what Bob was expecting.
What do you think Jim? And don't worry about the time it will take me, I don't mind helping out at all, plus it will give me some more practice time on the Cubs.

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bob in CT » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:07 am

Yeah Yeah Yeah.
I'm going to be mighty disappointed if I get a nice new-looking planter. My electrolysis tank is ready and waiting to turn it into a pile of flakes to sprinkle in the garden. Gil, maybe you want to sacrifice some of that Minivan so I can bolster the iron in the soil. After all I won't be needing that van after tomorrow... :lol: :wink: .

Bob[/u][/b][/i]

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bob in CT » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:16 am

Seriously, is this forum cool 8) or what :?: Here are 2 people that never met each other getting together to help me out. Words can't express how grateful I am not only for this but for all the great information I learn every day. The amount of collective knowledge here is pretty amazing, but it is nothing compared to the generosity of the people that share their time every day to help others.

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 am

Nothing like cheep shiping.It sure helps to have.And you meet great people in the process. 8) 8) Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Jim Reid
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Reid » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:42 am

Gil you could hook a chain to it and drag it up the road that would make it look used for sure.it was a pleasure meeting and chatting for a few minutes.hope you have a safe ride to Vt.
Jim.

Gil
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gil » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:00 am

Great to meet you too Jim. I had another look at the loader you mentioned. Think you could get that working on one of my Cubs if I brought it over? Might look nice on the demo if I refurbed it in white you think? I might even have an extra Cub or at least some implements to trade. The boss still isn't convinced I need three yet :(